Thread: feeding muntjac

feeding muntjac

I know it been asked before,but what would be the best,thing to encourage,muntys and occassional roe in to a small wood.I have only seen the odd few and the next valley holds a lot,its a wildlife reserve.I could do with something thats easy to get hold of,Thanks guys,

Carrots and Maize
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Chopped rotten windfalls seem to work quite well.

I have shot a lot of roe, muntie's and fallow feeding from my pheasant feeds for many years, its a good way of getting my doe cull done just stick up a seat overlooking a feeder.

CF

Cow beans coated with molasses. cheap and very easy. Cow beans work well when they have found them but they have no sent, hence the molasses. With this mixture munties find it in the first day, fallow depend on how far they are away and time of year. Feed about 2 weeks before you shoot and do not take too many and they will come all season.

Last year i brought a few sheep molasses blocks to put out by seats, the only thing that I have seen using them so far is a hare.
    This spot in question has two pheasant feeders by it, which the muntys do like, only wheat in them.
    Has any one else tried similar blocks ?

Nick.

try to feed on open rides and deer paths in to the wood,put down maize and chopped up carrots

Well well, as they say you learn something New every day!!!!!!!!!! I have allway's been lead to believe it is AGAINST THE LAW to FEED DEER (to atract hold) then shoot them over a baited spot???????????? Ok to feed but NOT to shoot?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    Well well, as they say you learn something New every day!!!!!!!!!! I have allway's been lead to believe it is AGAINST THE LAW to FEED DEER (to atract hold) then shoot them over a baited spot???????????? Ok to feed but NOT to shoot?????????????
    Dont the FC do killing pens for Muntjac.

Il reword that... The FC DO killing pens for Muntjac

Baited with Mmaize, beans and carrots
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    I suppose thats why it was called a deer lawn ....!!!!