question for lads within 100 miles of central scotland

centralbeltstalker

Hi,

If there was a local central place for you to drop of your carcass how many would you supply over the year.

i know its a big ask but could you break it down to preferably months but quarters will suffice.

this would apply to all lads south of the border and the borders etc that shoot highlands and are passing through also.

frank

Hi Frank,
Firstly the Estate that I stalk Red deer on has just built a state of the art larder and joined the quality assurance scheme
Yorkshire game is collecting from the estate, so they would not be interested.

Another estate that I stalk on for Roe has a contract with Highland Game my carcases have to go there as they seem to get a better deal on their pheasants a fixed price for the season if they get all the game from the estate.
That would leave me 100 to 130 Roe carcases to dispose of Does February March I can't shoot Does earlier in the season due to game shooting interests, Bucks May and early June mid July to mid August average drop off would be around twenty at a time.

At the moment I am dealing with Highland game and whilst their prices are not ideal, they are convenient for me
I see that you are based in West Lothian so a bit far I would think for me to be worth while, Stirling amd Perth
are about the same distance for me, so to travel any further, there would need to be a significant price increase in the venison.
However I wish you the very best of luck in your venture.

Hi Frank,
Firstly the Estate that I stalk Red deer on has just built a state of the art larder and joined the quality assurance scheme
Yorkshire game is collecting from the estate, so they would not be interested.

Another estate that I stalk on for Roe has a contract with Highland Game my carcases have to go there as they seem to get a better deal on their pheasants a fixed price for the season if they get all the game from the estate.
That would leave me 100 to 130 Roe carcases to dispose of Does February March I can't shoot Does earlier in the season due to game shooting interests, Bucks May and early June mid July to mid August average drop off would be around twenty at a time.

At the moment I am dealing with Highland game and whilst their prices are not ideal, they are convenient for me
I see that you are based in West Lothian so a bit far I would think for me to be worth while, Stirling amd Perth
are about the same distance for me, so to travel any further, there would need to be a significant price increase in the venison.
However I wish you the very best of luck in your venture.

if i did anything like this i would probably come to Perth/stirling/dundee to pick them or half way??
its pie in sky stuff the now but its definitely heading in that direction

frank

I would probably be 3 Roe a month and maybe 4 or 5 Red a year. Currently set up to drop off in Perth which is convenient for 1 of my 2 patches, the other is in SW Scotland so not ideal to have to haul up to perth.

Frank first of all Chritian Nissen is looking for any one willing to take in deer from the central belt areas he has offered me a chiller but i declined as i like choice of what to do woith my deer also when he change the weight rate to exclud all kids of this year i had to move away . There is a chap setting up in eaglesham he has a deer farm and will be expanding his chiller to take in deer from others . We need organised but not ripped off.

Back