Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Markings on barrel from mod I think

Markings on barrel from mod I think

I've noticed that I am getting a mark on my barrel from my mod does anyone know why this is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image0011.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by beno View Post
    I've noticed that I am getting a mark on my barrel from my mod does anyone know why this is?
    It shows the mods fitted correctly, the delrin bush is nice and snug. Dont worry about it...

allmost all over barrel mods mark mate. slipping back and to o ver the barrel over time will mark them sooner or later.

has your mod go tthe right bushing on the back of it. maybe your's is a little tight on it at the moment ?
    what you could do if you have enough room is put abit of tape around the barrel where the mod butts upto

the only way to get rid of those marks now. is to have the barrel bead or vapour blasted. but there is nothing to say it wont mark again
    thats why i like front mounted mods

I presume the fit of the delrin bush is too tight.
    Normally the bush should not contact the barrel when mod is tightened.

edi

When I first noticed it I just wrapped a laer of electrical insulation tape around the barrel. It seems to do the job of giving some protection.

DC

Cheers guys will put some tape around it.

Thanks

its cus you opted for the crappy T8 to save you a few quid and now its trashing your barrel. its exactly why im putting a ASE Jet Z on my nice sako 85

Quote Originally Posted by Hornady View Post
    its cus you opted for the crappy T8 to save you a few quid and now its trashing your barrel. its exactly why im putting a ASE Jet Z on my nice sako 85
    I used a 'crappy T8' almost every day for eleven years, until I retired, and it didn't 'trash' any of my barrels perhaps I ought to use it some more

i have seen countless rifles with that mark on the barrel so if you avoided it then well done.

Hmmm actually I ahve heard so much conflicting "information" as to the rear bushing fit on reflex moderators I really don't know what nor how one should fit the barrel I have heard it should just touch to support it, then again I have also heard it should have 0.1mm clearence......please that's 0.004" then some say only 0.001" yet surfing the net i have so far not found any instructions from the various makers as to how their particular mods should be fitted .