Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY shooting sticks

DIY shooting sticks

Ive made loads of these folding sticks for myself and others and found them to be very effective in single and double styles, there made from garden stakes and bicycle wheel inner tubing..

EXCUSE THE DRAWING LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sticks.....jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	3161

Seen the stakes online here Gardman Garden Stake Green, 07908

I find the double ones work really well and give you a good steady shot, there made simply by putting the inner tubing around two sticks about 10" from the top and to make the double ones simply make two sets and join them at the bottoms with more inner tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by rclsporting View Post
    Ive made loads of these folding sticks for myself and others and found them to be very effective in single and double styles, there made from garden stakes and bicycle wheel inner tubing..

EXCUSE THE DRAWING LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sticks.....jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	3161

Seen the stakes online here Gardman Garden Stake Green, 07908

I find the double ones work really well and give you a good steady shot, there made simply by putting the inner tubing around two sticks about 10" from the top and to make the double ones simply make two sets and join them at the bottoms with more inner tubing.
    sorry to steal your thunder on that one mate , been using them for years and been covered on the sd 101 times !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Haha I thought it might have been! never mind... I do try lol

Quote Originally Posted by rclsporting View Post
    Haha I thought it might have been! never mind... I do try lol
    Nice tip, good to share even if its been shown before. Good drawing too

Account Suspended
    If using double crossed sticks or as some call them quad sticks. Trim down the end of the rear stick that points towards the shooter flush with the top of the stock. Doing so allows you to shoot without having the end of the stick, sticking out across your face and eye. No pun intended.

I'm gonna give this quad-stick thingy a go this weeekend, just for the fun of it..I'm usually happy with just cross-sticks, but let's see..do you place the butt (of the rifle..) in the back sticks, or put it behind the trigger area?

I put the back sticks just in front of the trigger guard as the sticks can poke you in the face if the butt is resting on them.

Mulac

Quote Originally Posted by Allman View Post
    If using double crossed sticks or as some call them quad sticks. Trim down the end of the rear stick that points towards the shooter flush with the top of the stock. Doing so allows you to shoot without having the end of the stick, sticking out across your face and eye. No pun intended.
    I am right handed and have the left rear stick trimmed by ~2 inches, however it supports the stock to the rear of the swivel. As per attached photo (not me). For good control over elevation, the front and rear supports need to be as far apart from each other as possible. Ideally with a stutzen the four sticks would support the butt and the muzzle. Rgds JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 03-11-2010 at 17:30. Reason: added stutzen

Account Suspended
    As per JCS.

Reflecting my brief stint at sea, the tops of the left hand sticks are finished off with red electrical tape. Rgds JCS