Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Tyres

Does anyone know of a decent off road tyre to fit 265/65/17, bfg do not appear to one in this size, Michelin do the Latitude cross, has anyone used these?

Jonathan

I just bought General Grabber AT2's in this size for my truck, every bit as good as BFG (In my opinion) and 35 a corner cheaper.

111 a cornet at camskill.co.uk

Hi Jonathan

I have BFG All Terrains in 265/70/17 on my Navara. They cost 130 and have done 66,000 miles so far and look like they should make 90,000

Let me know if you need the contact details for the supplier

Cheers
    OT

Quote Originally Posted by Amhuinnsuidhe View Post
    Does anyone know of a decent off road tyre to fit 265/65/17, bfg do not appear to one in this size, Michelin do the Latitude cross, has anyone used these?

Jonathan
    look at Cooper Stt,there the next set going on my truck

+1 for B.F.G All Terrains, quiet, predictable and long life on road with almost as much grip as Mud Terrains off road. Many of the bargain brands 'roar' on the road and I've had less than 10k miles from some cheap tyres. My A.Ts are at 30k miles and have plenty enough tread to see me through another white winter.

had a set of general grabbers on my hilux they had done 18,000 miles and were hardly worn,cost me 72.00 a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Amhuinnsuidhe View Post

Jonathan
    I also fitted AT2s last winter to my Navara they have done over 40,000 now and still look only half worn
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

if you go up to a 265 70 17 it puts you in a whole different range ot tyres.

Your speedo would be out by a couple of mph and you would need to buy 4 as you centre diff will wind up slightly when in 4WD
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    if you go up to a 265 70 17 it puts you in a whole different range ot tyres.

Your speedo would be out by a couple of mph and you would need to buy 4 as you centre diff will wind up slightly when in 4WD
    What is a centre diff? (Isuzu Trooper owner).

KevinF -

is that sarcasm?

the "wink" is confusing me
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!