Meoptar Meostar enquiries/Zeiss Conquest.

John Gryphon

I am looking at a purchase of one of these scopes and only this model I may add.
Meopta Meostar R1 3-12x56 Illuminated 4C

Are they as good as their advertising blurb says,I`m sure some of you UK gents would have had the experience of them and thus I`m trying to find as much as possible before I shell out my shekels.

I already have three of the 3.5-10 x 44 Z/Conquests on rifles and thought that the 56 mm OL`s on a new scope would be handy on the late days of waiting for action.

Hence the other option is the Zeiss Conquest 3-12 x 56.

Any input on either would be most welcome

No I dont have the dosh for a Diavari or a Swarovski thanks! :D

i really rate meopta's so much so that i bought one tonight a 3-12x50 armitis 2100 iluminated. i have mainly owned schmidts in the past (and still own one now) and meopta's are as good as them all day long. i have never used a meostar so i cant comment on them directly but i would put money on them being a fantastic scope go for it i dont think you will be disapointed

hi,i own a meostar r1 3x12x56 since last year and find it a fantastic scope,i can still see through mine just as long as my swaro el binos when the light goes,got mine sent over from USA £400.

I have the Meostar in question. I also have a Schmidt & Bender and occasionally use the boss' rifle complete with a Swarovski. They are as good quality no question.

zeiss dont do a conquest in the 3x12x56 so i take it your on about the victory ? if so a stunning all round scope for deer and fox. and not only that they have a good field of view

zeiss dont do a conquest in the 3x12x56 so i take it your on about the victory ? if so a stunning all round scope for deer and fox. and not only that they have a good field of view

They do. It is the only one Conquest with the reticule #8 in first focal plane.

I am looking at a purchase of one of these scopes and only this model I may add.
Meopta Meostar R1 3-12x56 Illuminated 4C

Are they as good as their advertising blurb says,I`m sure some of you UK gents would have had the experience of them and thus I`m trying to find as much as possible before I shell out my shekels.

I already have three of the 3.5-10 x 44 Z/Conquests on rifles and thought that the 56 mm OL`s on a new scope would be handy on the late days of waiting for action.

Hence the other option is the Zeiss Conquest 3-12 x 56.

Any input on either would be most welcome

No I dont have the dosh for a Diavari or a Swarovski thanks! :D

I had a Meopta Meostar R1 3-12x56, and I found it was not as optically clear and sharp as my a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, so I sold it before even mounting it on a rifle. I'm particularly impressed with the Conquest range, and a buddy's Conquest 3.5-10x50 compared favourably with my 3x more expensive Zeiss Victory 3-12x56.
To my eyes the Meopta isn't in the same league.

Back