Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All drivers read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All drivers read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a reminder gents to be aware there are some total scro&ts on the road. Just went shopping this eve and a little sh*t pulled out infront of me and slammed on the brakes in order I hit him. Was well chuffed with himself as gloated about the new moped he would get and what claims he was going to get. Thing is....I recorded his gloating on my mobile though I am not sure if that will hold up as evidence with my insurance company. Do any of you know??? Anyway he disapeared when I called the cops, they were great and said dont worry as I didnt give the scro*t my details...as he wouldnt give me his, so just forget it.
    So please be aware these dregs of humanity are active and looking to claim off YOU!!!
    Its amazing how calm you can be as an FAC holder in such situations as dealing with scro*ts

[QUOTE=chickenman;148478]said dont worry as I didnt give the scro*t my details...as he wouldnt give me his, so just forget it.
    QUOTE]
    Very stupid thing for the police to say. If and when he reports the RTA to his insurer, all he needs is your index number and his insurer will lift all your details from the database.

My advice to you is to report this incident to your insurer immediately, inform them of your video and also state the police CAD number. If you do not have the police warrent numbers and CAD numbers, contact your station, which will put you through to the CAD room and give you these. Do not under any circumstances, forget about it, as the PC advised!

I served in Sussex including traffic so know what a can of worms this can be if you don't take it seriously. There's no harm done if he fails to report to his insurer - you can then decide whether to claim for your damage or not. But it's likely the ***** will report the incident to his insurer if that was his intention, he'll have corroborating witnesses of course from his fellow *****s and will suddenly require medical treatment for whiplash, etc.

All he has to state is he fled the site of the RTA because you were aggressive to him, threatened him, etc and the police will back off. The full extent of his injuries then became clear and he was too injured to report in person to the police.

Your video may prove inadmissable in court, but both his insurer and yours will start their own criminal investigations upon viewing it - if its truly as damning as you state.

Hi Scots. ...thanks for you words and take on board what you say. I forgot to add I made several calls to the police. But the yob in question kept asking who I was calling...I told him I was calling the police and when I got through to the police I made it quite clear I felt threatened by him !....hence lots of calls I cut.... until the yob was out of ear shot...when I did speak to police, I said yob got worried and was asking who are you talking too...all reported to police as I spoke ..to them.... as I said he was worrying me !...As for my index....he wasnt the brightest so maybe he did get my index maybe he didnt.....he was in in rush...his own words ....I reported the incident to my insurer within 10 mins.

Your thoughts

Ps did all the things you suggested and thanks for the advice you have already given.....
    Last edited by chickenman; 31-10-2010 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Just a reminder gents to be aware there are some total scro&ts on the road. Just went shopping this eve and a little sh*t pulled out infront of me and slammed on the brakes in order I hit him. Was well chuffed with himself as gloated about the new moped he would get and what claims he was going to get. Thing is....I recorded his gloating on my mobile though I am not sure if that will hold up as evidence with my insurance company. Do any of you know??? Anyway he disapeared when I called the cops, they were great and said dont worry as I didnt give the scro*t my details...as he wouldnt give me his, so just forget it.
    So please be aware these dregs of humanity are active and looking to claim off YOU!!!
    Its amazing how calm you can be as an FAC holder in such situations as dealing with scro*ts
    Yep
    Been there Got the whiplash and also the ongoing neck injuries
    having a trapped nerve and a ruptured cerviacal disc in your neck is no laughing matter
    trust me
    My poor truck

but fortunately for me I recorded everything even the driver before he did a runner
    he was eventually tracked down and charged for various driving offences
    including no insurance (not even his motor)
    just a shame you did not record his bike details aswell on your phone and get some details of him even if they were false
    because if he does make a claim against you
    you'll wish you had done more to protect yourself that just a silly vid of his gloating
    and if he did state a good convincing case about fearing for his life because of your supposed actions , as that is why he fled the scene
    you may not be a FAC holder for much longer
    Feeling quite calm now
    scrots like this , work scams like this on a regular basis
    just hope you don't get caught out by it

seems like you got in there with a bit more info before I posted
    Last edited by stone; 31-10-2010 at 00:41.

H stone...no need for you slap head chap...my posting was as muddled as the scroats reasongin lol.....and that pic of yours looks a nasty collision... though bet it was low speed? ...amazing what a tonne of car will do. Re the scroat....im not sweating in the least...he can bring it on as they say. Didnt cross my mind before, but would I be correct in saying, cops didnt do a breath test on me, so must have thought Im a 'pukka guy'...............wouldnt if that why the scroat fled??? makes you think

Pete
    Sorry
    The slap on the head was to myself, because of my slow typing and then not checking to see if the thread had progressed before I had posted
    but then that is called multi-tasking

Probably the reason I was a little more how would you put it.... aggressive with my post maybe

Might of been because even after such a crash as I was in, like you say
    it was a slow speed (under 30mph )
    Because the other fella did a runner and the whiplash took a couple of days to actually start to rear it's ugly head and then months before the other injuries were noticed
    sorting out the insurance claim has been a nightmare and quite costly to myself even thou i'm fully insured ,
    and even more so now it has been passed onto the MIB as they can't guarantee any compensation for the injuries or even re-imburse me of costs I hav incurred...

I suppose at the time and before it ever happened my insurance company would do all the work , but it don't work like that
    Well not in my case it hasn't
    so the more evidence you can gather of your own the better position you will be in when making a claim
    and seems like you were heading in that direction anyway, aswell as covering your own back

Funny enough I was not breath tested either, best part was my only form of ID I was carrying in the motor was a copy of my FAC
    seemed like that carried a lot of weight in proving how genuine a guy I was
    Good luck in getting it sorted anyway
    ATB

Hi Stone , I realise why yoy did the slap head lol...regarding details I told him we would exchange them whaen the police arrive as niether of us had a pen or paper, thats when he made his exit.

It will be quite easy if he try,s to claim you and you are the fault driver you are then at fault there is no question of that. If he fled the scene of an acident then he has commited an offence in its self but that will not help a fault claim against you. Driver carfully and be aware of all other driver nd road users never drive any faster than your stopping distance and always make sure you can stop in the distance you see to be clear ahaed . HAPPY MOTORING.

hi,

i may need to be corrected but its only an offence to leave the scene if someone is injured...
    at the end of the day anyone whom runs when cops get called has something to hide.
    any claim on you insurance at that point would then mean you loose your no claims and have to declare it for three years.

the stats for uninsured drivers is near 30% i believe so for every ten cars you pass three of em have no insurance.....

f.

When I was driving artics the lad I worked for used to give us a disposable camera.
    Any accident we used to photo the signs, road, anyone in the vehicle and the damage to both parties, thought this was a good idea so now keep a disposable camera in any vehicle I own.
    Saved a few claims going in, also trying to remember all the details of the accident, just look at the pictures.