Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Stalking Debate

Deer Stalking Debate

On BBC 1 IN A FEW MOMENTS EG 1025 A DEBATE ON DEER STALKING. PS SEEMS THAT THE MONEY TRAIN FOR TAKING DEER IS WHAT HAS CAUSED THE PROBLEMS AND WILL CAUSE MORE.

don't have a TV, will download later thanks!

Brian May:

"I think it would be really better for the planet if we were eating non-animals".

Well what a crock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Made my blood boil, what an unbalanced and distorted debate!
    Last edited by Wills; 31-10-2010 at 10:49. Reason: Included rant

Ok that had to be one of the most one sided debates i have ever seen. Very close to the Foxhunting debates that led to a ban on fox hunting. May i ask one of the members who are a bit more I T to but up a poll on if the members on here agree with hunting for sport pleasure trophy hunitng etc. Might be an interesting ponit but i know this that one stag shot by a client for massive amounts of money has had a real negative efect on Deerstalking. Please be carful out there greed is not acceptable to the working class and they will be the ones we need to convince.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Might be an interesting ponit but i know this that one stag shot by a client for massive amounts of money has had a real negative efect on Deerstalking. Please be carful out there greed is not acceptable to the working class and they will be the ones we need to convince.
    You know that do you? Who told you - Johnny Kingdom?

Hmm I don't watch TV and clearly Brian May has done far too many drugs but my own stalking is done but the let day outing basis. My last outing did result in a "trophy fee" for shooting and bringing home a 6 point Roe Buck. No medal head for sure but then I cannot afford medal heads. This was the first 6 Pointer I have ever shot and as always it's the carcase that's important to me. Will need to arrange an outing before too long if I can swing it as the freezer is gettign low on venison now

So are you suggesting that as I pay per outing/day for my stalking this is causing the trouble?

Here goes the BBC making amends for Chris Pekham on the autumn watch programme the other night,
    This was about the most one sided debate I have ever seen, conducted with a panel of people who understand little or nothing about the countryside its economics, welfare and conservation. This is the problem, ill informed uneducated people passing comment and influence the public on tv.
    Everybody is entitled to a view and understanding all aspects of an argument is so important.
    These organisations who we pay our subscriptions to, need to start waking up and access the younger people of society schools etc and educate them in all aspects of the country side and the importance of management and the consequences of not doing so, there are a number of examples of the disasters that have occurred regards the country side and wild life if management or control is conduct by people or organisations who do not understand.

Sorry my 2 pennys worth,

smithy

Quote Originally Posted by Wills View Post
    Made my blood boil, what an unbalanced and distorted debate!
    +1