Deer Stalking Debate

6pointer

On BBC 1 IN A FEW MOMENTS EG 1025 A DEBATE ON DEER STALKING. PS SEEMS THAT THE MONEY TRAIN FOR TAKING DEER IS WHAT HAS CAUSED THE PROBLEMS AND WILL CAUSE MORE.

Brian May:

"I think it would be really better for the planet if we were eating non-animals". :rolleyes:

Ok that had to be one of the most one sided debates i have ever seen. Very close to the Foxhunting debates that led to a ban on fox hunting. May i ask one of the members who are a bit more I T to but up a poll on if the members on here agree with hunting for sport pleasure trophy hunitng etc. Might be an interesting ponit but i know this that one stag shot by a client for massive amounts of money has had a real negative efect on Deerstalking. Please be carful out there greed is not acceptable to the working class and they will be the ones we need to convince.

Might be an interesting ponit but i know this that one stag shot by a client for massive amounts of money has had a real negative efect on Deerstalking. Please be carful out there greed is not acceptable to the working class and they will be the ones we need to convince.

You know that do you? Who told you - Johnny Kingdom?

Hmm I don't watch TV and clearly Brian May has done far too many drugs :rolleyes: but my own stalking is done but the let day outing basis. My last outing did result in a "trophy fee" for shooting and bringing home a 6 point Roe Buck. No medal head for sure but then I cannot afford medal heads. This was the first 6 Pointer I have ever shot and as always it's the carcase that's important to me. Will need to arrange an outing before too long if I can swing it as the freezer is gettign low on venison now :(

So are you suggesting that as I pay per outing/day for my stalking this is causing the trouble?

Here goes the BBC making amends for Chris Pekham on the autumn watch programme the other night,
This was about the most one sided debate I have ever seen, conducted with a panel of people who understand little or nothing about the countryside its economics, welfare and conservation. This is the problem, ill informed uneducated people passing comment and influence the public on tv.
Everybody is entitled to a view and understanding all aspects of an argument is so important.
These organisations who we pay our subscriptions to, need to start waking up and access the younger people of society schools etc and educate them in all aspects of the country side and the importance of management and the consequences of not doing so, there are a number of examples of the disasters that have occurred regards the country side and wild life if management or control is conduct by people or organisations who do not understand.

Sorry my 2 pennys worth,

smithy

All one-sided same old ,the townies will never change ,the problem it easy votes ,total lack of education on our part people use the countryside parks centres etc these centres don't show the countryside in the larger perspective IE the countryside culture from farming to hunting, shooting and fishing .

It's all about birds and animals found in the area ,I went out in my local area on one of the walks that the rangers do for schools, pensioners etc the ranger was coming out with all sorts of crap, about flora and fauna what she didn't know that some of the people she had out were retired botanists, she had a rather red face when she got dug by one of the women who told her she didn't know what she was talking about.

But that's the countryside full of college experts fuelled by sitting in a class room ,no practical experience .

im at uni and doing my masters in countryside management,its got nothing to do with the countryside apart from recycling and sustainable development.
its doing my head in as all they talk about is shite,im branded a killer etc just because i stalk deer and shoot foxes yet when i tell them about the bigger picture they soon shut up.We need to educate from school level so that the next generation know what they are talking about and the people who run estates actually know about deer management and not learning it from the film Bambi.

the bigger organisations are mainly to blame about the deer culture as they tend to tar deer as vermin and should be eradicated on sight.Many a good stalker has lost there jobs over the deer welfare issue with these government agencies all because you get some stuck up prat on about £80k a year that comes out with a load of crap justifying his job,and tend to do everything they can so crag-rats can enjoy a days walking

You cant learn it by reading books or doing some sort of course sat in a class room,they need to get on the ground and get hands on,ecologists that dont know the difference between deer grazing and hare damage yet has the power to order stalkers to shoot all deer and sanction a section 7.

what has this country come too?

My point is if the truth was out there would be no need for real debate so the neds involved dont feel justified in what they did. Orion you would need to be thick not to realised what has started all this debate. Ps i dont have any links with Joh:lol:nny kingdom hes an ex poacher.

It was the black guy with the dreadlocks who got at me. What on earth did slavery have to do with it? even the presenter didn't seem to follow his trail of thought as it was that erratic but then again thats about right, everything ever in the world is all down to racism........

I also didn't like how they didn't seem to understand the stag would have entered the food chain and not just gone to waist.

George

Is there a link on iplayer ? i was at the Monmouth meeting ( xelent by the way thanks mike and CSI ? CLI ? CSL :)) today so i didnt get to see it.

ATYB

Steve.................

Just watched it on Iplayer. Complete dross. Nothing like a vegan, a C of E rep and a sports reporter to give the shooting a fair representation. I feel sorry for them. //George... I also noticed that 'Benjamin' referred to the deer as being similar to slaves and beeing relased and hunted. BBC boll*cks. And we're getting this service as license fee payers!

im at uni and doing my masters in countryside management,its got nothing to do with the countryside apart from recycling and sustainable development.
its doing my head in as all they talk about is shite,im branded a killer etc just because i stalk deer and shoot foxes yet when i tell them about the bigger picture they soon shut up.We need to educate from school level so that the next generation know what they are talking about and the people who run estates actually know about deer management and not learning it from the film Bambi.

the bigger organisations are mainly to blame about the deer culture as they tend to tar deer as vermin and should be eradicated on sight.Many a good stalker has lost there jobs over the deer welfare issue with these government agencies all because you get some stuck up prat on about £80k a year that comes out with a load of crap justifying his job,and tend to do everything they can so crag-rats can enjoy a days walking

You cant learn it by reading books or doing some sort of course sat in a class room,they need to get on the ground and get hands on,ecologists that dont know the difference between deer grazing and hare damage yet has the power to order stalkers to shoot all deer and sanction a section 7.

what has this country come too?

Go on my son................. "let 'em av it'"....... both barrels.

A rant worth ranting about :thumb:

Did anyone else think that the 2nd shot at the stag that was shot in the video they played was a cracking shot?

Hard to tell with zoom lens etc. but looked like he shot it at about 70 yards in the chest. It was a big (by my standards) red and it turned and ran directly away from the stalker (who was out of shot) who then fired a 2nd time and appeared to pull off an excellent high neck shot on a deer running flat out away from him at probably 90 yards. Maybeit was a lot more depending on how the lens used distorted the distance. The deer went straight down at that stage, as you might imagine.

im not even going to bother to watch the debate , we all knew it was going to be a kick in the knackers for us , so ******** to them !!

let the townies crack on with what they want to belive and ill crack on with rolling the moose over !!:D

all the very best

lee

Back