Thread: new 2506, which rifle

new 2506, which rifle

thinking of buying a new 2506 rifle for under a 1000 pound,dont know what to have remington xhr,t3 or browing xbolt,what i am told is that 2506 needs a 24ins brls, anyway need a help on this guys, what do you think atb steve

im using a tikka t3 lite with a 20" barrell, very accurate gun and it is very compact and not too heavy, would highly recommend the Tikka in 25-06.

wicklow202

Winchester M70, CZ550 or Ruger M77 mkii. You know you want a mauser type action... 24" plus barrel will get the most from the cartridge, while less will probably still be enough
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

nice tikka m695 on guntrader. not only is it way in your price range your have a fair bit left over for other things
    Last edited by jay 22; 01-11-2010 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by harrygrey382 View Post
    Winchester M70, CZ550 or Ruger M77 mkii. You know you want a mauser type action... 24" plus barrel will get the most from the cartridge, while less will probably still be enough

Ahhh harry if you check I think you will find that FN does not list 25-06 as an option in the "new" Model 70 Winchester. Closest cartridge would be the old 270 Winchester.

Ah, I just assumed they would offer it. The idiots...
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

There is a very tidy Sako TRG-S complete with T8 mod and mounts at Banbury Gunsmiths. Its a few years old now but in mint condition. A rare rifle and very accurate. I think they have it up for 795. Their Tel number is 01295-265819

Regards
    Steve

thanks for help guys but just orded a new xbolt s/s , the tikka was nice gun he had in the shop ,but did not like the crap stock, the x bolt fitted me like a glove , just waiting for it to come now ,atb steve

Steve,

Well done Steve. Although I have no first hand experience of Browning rifles I think you probably a good choice. I believe you were certainly wise to forsake the T3. Although they tend to be accurate they are vastly overpriced for what they are.

Kind regards,

Tim

new 2506 which rifle

tim, needed a 24 ins bls,tikka don/t do a 24 ins bls in a sporter in the 2506,my mate has the hunter in 6.5x55 ,i think the better stock for the money,but hat to go with my head rather than my heart, i needed a allweather, i picked up the browning and that was it,my family in canada [bc] they use the browing x bolt out there, that was good enough for me then, why are tikkas so much money because GMK GREEDY BUGGERS THATS WHY atvb steve.