Is this good value, anyone got one?

we have just bought 3 for the wild boar shooting, seem ok to me but i suspect they might go rusty in a short time, if so i plan on coating them with hammerite.
can't go wrong for the price, just wonder how much they produce them for in China for the Sportsman to still make a profit out of them?
Cheers
Richard

they are not bad but thin wall box section and the rail isnt adjustable but should be an easy fix and you will still get a few years out of it,wayne

you get what you pay for and it is a cheap high seat.

I have had one for 3 years and it is a rusty bugger but still works and is still there.

I have one, its been out for 2 years with no sign of rust, i bought it on special offer back then for £99, might be worth waiting a couple of years:)

We bought three and I refuse to get in it mainly because you are perched on top of it without any side support other than a small rail either side that only comes up to the middle of my thigh. The rail is too low but we botched it with some wooded triangles. Overall I would have preferred to put the £300 [we bought 3] into two better ones and had less seats.

As others have posted "you get what you pay for and they're cheap"

We have 2 for just over a year. As had been said they are cheap, they have a small number of design issues, the side support rails are rather low, the shooting rail is non adjustable and tends to flex and they do rust. But at 87 quid plus delivery what do you expect? Plus if they get pinched you're not that out of pocket. It has been known for even cheap high seats to go for a walk.

Accepting the design issues and if you get 2-4 years use and then toss them in the scrap bin, you'll have got your moneys worth out of them. Ours will be binned within the next 18 months. As I now have a supply of heavy gauge box section and a new Mig welder.

If you buy one, give it a good coat of hammerite or something similar and change all the bolts for galvanised or stainless.

They are fine for the dosh. The rail is low but stable enough for resting you forearm or elbow. I have had some good roe off mine and it has paid for itself twice over. and you can walk away and leave it as cost of diesel to retreive aint worth the bother.

I would by another but do as in the opening line.

If you buy one, give it a good coat of hammerite or something similar and change all the bolts for galvanised or stainless.

They are fine for the dosh. The rail is low but stable enough for resting you forearm or elbow. I have had some good roe off mine and it has paid for itself twice over. and you can walk away and leave it as cost of diesel to retreive aint worth the bother.

I would by another but do as in the opening line.

Do you also just drop your rubbish on the street rather than putting it in the bin as it also 'aint worth the bother'?

I decided to buy one in the end and just put it up today. It all looks fine, fitted nicely, some parts looked a bit flimsy but I figured it would stand up to some use. But, I have to say, it doesn't like too much load on it. With my 16 1/2 stone perched on top the ladder looked like buckling. So it's up, but I won't be using it until I get some reinforcements on the ladder! (Or loose some weight!)

On another note, walking out to the spot carrying the seat and with no rifle, a fox decided to take the opportunity to walk out right in front of me and cross a field in the open! Bloody bugger, but as Arnie said, I'll be back!!

Back