Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Binoculars

  1. #1

    Binoculars

    Does anyone have any views as to what would be the best binoculars on the market for a budget of around 500 ?

  2. #2
    Second hand Leica or similar.
    Much like the ones I'm about to list in the classified.

    Neil.

  3. #3
    Up to recently I would have been stuck to answer that, except
    for second hand or Vortex / Minox.
    Since Friday I'm testing new German Kaps 8x42 bino's. I love them and
    my Vortex will stay in the car from now on.
    Kaps 8x42 are very light 650 grams, possibly the shortest I've seen only 138mm,
    huge field of view 126m @1000m (7.2 deg).
    Very bright and cristal clear to the edges.
    Retail at around 430,- Euros.
    Kaps is a small optics company mainly building surgical microscopes Wetzlar Germany.

    edi

  4. #4
    As has been said look at Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski second hand try classifieds her and the bay and you will get something for that price bracket.

    George

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    As has been said look at Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski second hand try classifieds her and the bay and you will get something for that price bracket.

    George
    Good advice.
    S.

  6. #6
    Are these Kaps binoculars available in the UK yet? I'd love to look through a pair.

  7. #7
    If you are prepared to give Porro-prism bino's a go, as opposed to roof prism, these are the best value anywhere (with a 30 year gurarantee); http://www.instant-camera.com/detail.asp/sku=BINNOR281 They are an end of line product, as people would rather have thinner, but less efficient, roof-prism bino's.

    It is worth checking ebay america too.

    ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck1 View Post
    Are these Kaps binoculars available in the UK yet? I'd love to look through a pair.
    I don't know who is the agent for them in the UK.
    I can import them into Ireland.
    We are planing to compare the Kaps to some binos that a few of us are using
    so far. I'll take a few pictures for size comparison between newish Leica 8x42,
    Bausch & Lomb, Swaro 7x50, Vortex Razor 8x42, Vortex Viper 8x42. Maybe drum up
    one or two more.
    Tuck, if you like, send me an e-mail and I can mail you the pdf bino brochure.
    psecomp@googlemail.com

    edi

  9. #9
    Thank you edi

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    If you are prepared to give Porro-prism bino's a go, as opposed to roof prism, these are the best value anywhere (with a 30 year gurarantee); http://www.instant-camera.com/detail.asp/sku=BINNOR281 They are an end of line product, as people would rather have thinner, but less efficient, roof-prism bino's.

    It is worth checking ebay america too.

    ft
    These are well worth a look. I've got some and am very pleased with them.
    I actually prefer porros as I find they sit much nicer in thehand than roof prisms which are too narrow for me.
    http://www.border-barrels.co.uk/ior-...ulars-64-p.asp

Similar Threads

  1. Binoculars - on a budget for stalking binoculars?
    By bod1st in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-09-2010, 20:20
  2. the best binoculars?
    By amber243 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-09-2009, 19:45
  3. Three binoculars
    By jack in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 06:23
  4. Binoculars
    By caorach in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 06:52
  5. what binoculars ?
    By wint in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-02-2009, 17:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •