Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoggs clothing

Hoggs clothing

Whilst in town today I spied an outfitters so being nosey had a look in the window and spied a Hoggs coat/jacket that looked on the surface as if it might do as a replacement for my ageing Deerhunter Moleskin that is looking rather tired now. Now the only thing I know about Hoggs clothing is that they make good moleskin trousers even though I have never owned any.

So this begs to question is the Hoggs clothing any good?

Please bear in mind that I am only a recreational stalker and so do not subject my clothing to the rigors of a professional stalker/Keeper. I require it to keep the wind out be waterproof and warm enough to sit in a high-seat but often add another layer underneath the jacket in very cold weather and for sitting still in the high-seat..

I also spied a lined warm shirt which think will be coming home should they have one in my size to replace my wool cloth quilted old ones that have not only become too tight but have gone frayed around the edges. Shame really have only had them for 20+ years .

Hoggs have quite a good name, never had one of there jackets so can't really say have a couple of their shirts good quality and have a pair of their hill shoes now needing resoled which is not bad considering I have had them for 25 years.

Hoggs now trade as Fife Country http://www.fifecountry.co.uk/

I have used Hoggs tweeds, shirts and moleskins for many years - never been disapointed.

Hmmm the jacket I saw had the Hoggs name on it and looking at that site a lot are Seeland. I'll have another look as I am back in town tomorrow.

You wont be disappointed, I use alot of their stuff, they are very good with big sizes(not why I use them honest) I still get their boots, order them on line and get them sent out here.
    I was brought up with Hoggs clothes/boots, I think they still make the hobnails my father and uncles used to wear,few years ago now.
    Oh,and most importantly,quality and customer service is top notch which is rare these days(to get both)

Thank you as I say i will pop in and have a proper look lunch time tomorrow .

Brit, what size are you? The only reason I ask is that I am just about to sell a Laksen tweed jacket which might suit your needs. It is a medium and fits me at 5'9" medium build. There is nothing wrong with Hoggs kit but Laksen are several grades higher in the quality stakes in my opinion. I will try to sell it on here for a few days at 75 inc postage then bung it on eblag if no-ones interested. I will take some pictures later which I can email if you, or anyone else, is interested. JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Brit, what size are you? The only reason I ask is that I am just about to sell a Laksen tweed jacket which might suit your needs. It is a medium and fits me at 5'9" medium build. There is nothing wrong with Hoggs kit but Laksen are several grades higher in the quality stakes in my opinion. I will try to sell it on here for a few days at 75 inc postage then bung it on eblag if no-ones interested. I will take some pictures later which I can email if you, or anyone else, is interested. JC
    Good question JC....size. Hmmm large! My Deerhunter say "52" but that's some funny Scandinavian sizing. My 42" Harris tweed is way too small now the upper arms are too tight on it too. Might as well get that cleaned and flog it as it's nearly new only been worn a few times. It seems i would need a size 46" chest as just running the tape round it say 44" with just a tee shirt on. Nice thought though. I also got on the scales and they didn't groan and wheeze get off this time. Seems i ahve lost a bit and am now under 100Kg for those who work in old money that's 15 1/2 stone..

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Good question JC....size. Hmmm large! My Deerhunter say "52" but that's some funny Scandinavian sizing. My 42" Harris tweed is way too small now the upper arms are too tight on it too. Might as well get that cleaned and flog it as it's nearly new only been worn a few times. It seems i would need a size 46" chest as just running the tape round it say 44" with just a tee shirt on. Nice thought though. I also got on the scales and they didn't groan and wheeze get off this time. Seems i ahve lost a bit and am now under 100Kg for those who work in old money that's 15 1/2 stone..
    I've just measured my chest and its 44" over a t-shirt (And about an A cup, might as well get that in before any of you smart barstewards do!) I think this coat would fit you but not leave much room for too many layers underneath so its probably not ideal. I'll take pictures after lunch, send me your email if you are interested. JC

Pm sent. Oh the Hoggs was the Fleece Stalker jacket so not quite what I am looking for but they do have some others that i will go back and look more closely at when I am not so rushed for time. As I said I think I'll pick up one of their lined shirts.