Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout

Wipeout

Should you use a nitro cleaner like ph 009 before using wipeout patchout?
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

My experience with wipeout products have proved that is the only stuff you need. Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I agree with Steve, Wipeout is cracking stuff, I use it in all my rifles. No need to use anything else in my opinion.

Why oh! why wasn't wipe out available in the mid 1970's. It would have made cleaning all those pistols so much easier. Brilliant stuff. If you are pushed for time try the accelerator followed by Wipeout. After putting 95 very heavy .308's down my FTR barrel after two applications of Wipeout the barrel was spotless according to the borescope. Super stuff just difficult to get hold of up here. John Carmichael at HPS stock it.

Yeah that's where I got it. I went for it mainly after reading posts on here (steve's!) and no one had anything bad to say about it. I assume you don't need to bore brush it either? Reckon I'll go put some on now in fact! Leave it for 15 mins at a time, patchout, reapply for another 15 etc., leave over night, patchout next morning, maybe a bit more the next evening then that's it. This is the first cleaning after using PH 009. How does that sound?
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

Harry.
    I never use a wire brush but almost always use a nylon brush to get oxygen into the Wipeout. If its just a case of one shot and clean then a patch will do nicely.

How dirty is your barrel that it needs three applications???????????????/

I don't think it's that dirty, but how do I check it's clean without a bore scope? It doesn't hurt to overclean with wipeout does it? I was just going to use a loose patch, don't have a nylon brush

Tom Young of......

North Ayrshire Shooting Ground.
    Blackstone Farm
    Dalry
    Ayrshire
    KA24 5HN

........always has some in stock.
    I have no conection to him what so ever but always found him a nice guy to deal with

Tom also has a borescope, & knows how to make the best use of one!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I just used some wipeout (patch) and accelerator to clean a very neglected 25-06. There were spruce needles in the bolt lug recess and in the mag well, a liberal spotting of rust in the chamber and the bore appeared not to have been cleaned since the last interglacial...

After liberal applications of elbow grease on the rest of the rifle I first stuck two saturated patches of wipeout down the bore. Then I dipped a nylon brush in and started running it in the bore. Ditto for the accelerator and by this time the froth issuing through the bore guide was a dirty grey colour. Left it for a while and ran some dry patches. Spotless. Bore in good shape and completely clean. Bore felt smooth all the way.

Point is it would have taken a month of Sundays to get all that malarkey out with any other cleaner. I wish I'd had it years ago (and the wipeout) as I'm sure I could have had a few extra days shooting..

I wipeout