Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Witnessed two stalks

Account Suspended

Witnessed two stalks

I have just witnessed two stalks for a guy on the old portfolio in fact he shot 3 beasts

One last Wednesday morning and 2 last Thursday all he needs now is to get an accredited witness for completetion of his portfolio.

Some folk have all the luck in the world it all happened relatively easily for him yet others including myself can go out on numerous occasions and see nothing and take ages to complete it. Luck without a doubt plays a huge part in completing a portfolio thats for sure.

There is an element of luck involved on every trip out for anyone I'm certain.
    I once got a chap through all three stalks in one morning!
    We were so lucky that day that I even got one myself once he was done!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    I have just witnessed two stalks for a guy on the old portfolio in fact he shot 3 beasts

One last Wednesday morning and 2 last Thursday all he needs now is to get an accredited witness for completetion of his portfolio.

Some folk have all the luck in the world it all happened relatively easily for him yet others including myself can go out on numerous occasions and see nothing and take ages to complete it. Luck without a doubt plays a huge part in completing a portfolio thats for sure.
    i though Ms that you where a big adversary of them been all Aw stalks mate on the portfolio.
    not bad that your doing it mate well done to you especially as its been six months since you got yours
    i have two down 1 cw and 1 aw
    cant wait till its done then to go for my fit and competent and aw status

f.
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 03-11-2010 at 15:21. Reason: spelling

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    There is an element of luck involved on every trip out for anyone I'm certain.
    I once got a chap through all three stalks in one morning!
    We were so lucky that day that I even got one myself once he was done!
    MS
    Blimey thats luck for you 3 in one morning then dabbing one yourself brilliant mate, Generally i dont have any luck usually if I fell in a barrel of tits I would emerge sucking my thumb lady luck might be turning a slight corner for me either that or i have to many deer on the ground and they need thinning

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    i though Ms that you where a big adversary of them been all Aw stalks mate on the portfolio.
    not bad that your doing it mate well done to you especially as its been six months since you got yours
    i have two down 1 cw and 1 aw
    cant wait till its done then to go for my fit and competent and aw status

f.
    Where did you get that idea from
    All because all mine were witnessed by an assesor /Accredited witness I dont advocate that every one has to complete it that way, as long as its done to the letter and all dots and dashes done without bending rules thats how it should be. No inference in that statement mind Mind you under the new portfolio system all witnesses need to be registered as accredited so maybe I need to register, Only thing is the meetings with assesors seem to be all central belt and a bit far for me to attend but if there was any local i may apply.
    Evidence is the whats the key factor and as long as its done correctly then thats what meets the criteria .
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 03-11-2010 at 16:15.

Only thing is the meetings with assesors seem to be all central belt and a bit far for me to attend but if there was any local i may apply.
    There wasn't any meetings in the Central belt area we all had to travel , tell me again why would you wish to go to a Approved witness briefing .

Now if it was a incredible witness meeting you'd have been at the top table ,maybe even the guest speaker .

It is fantastic witnessing when the person actually finds Stalks and shoots something doesn't always happen that way as you well know .

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    There wasn't any meetings in the Central belt area we all had to travel , tell me again why would you wish to go to a Approved witness briefing .

Now if it was a incredible witness meeting you'd have been at the top table ,maybe even the guest speaker .

It is fantastic witnessing when the person actually finds Stalks and shoots something doesn't always happen that way as you well know .

No I would leave that honour to yourself Robert being as as you can talk a glass eye to sleep and talk the legs of a donkey

No I would leave that honour to yourself Robert being as as you can talk a glass eye to sleep and talk the legs of a donkey
    Ah Stuart nothing credible to say just goes to show, you would be no good as a witness its all got to be credible facts not bilge .
    Be careful the truth is just round the corner .

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    There is a SD User that got all 3 on the same outing...Now that's a stroke of good luck, he was with an AW also, so ideal.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Did all mine with accredited witness. i was not aware you could do it any other way at the time.
    did not have much trouble obtaining it ether.(well not to much)

One thing is for sure, when i was not successful i did not moan about it i just booked another day with the witness and kept on till i obtained it. As i new that this was the way it was all going.(no point blaming everyone else.just get it done if you need it and don't if you don't) and i think there will be more and more tests devised to keep the cash rolling in to the respective company.

ATB
    Cam