Shooting Ranges (100m)

n1geld

Hi All,
Been having trouble zeroing in my tikka T3 (6.5x55), out in the field, could't get a consistent group. don't know if it's me moving, or something else moving or what.
So really need to take it down to a range where can get rifle stable and sort things out a bit more leisurely.
Can anyone tell me of 100m ranges near to me (Chorley, Lancs).

Much appreciated.

Cheers
Nigel.

Nigel, its not that close but theres the tunnels at ilkley.. where the BDS run DSC1 courses. Not sure on the name of it though..

To be fair, how much of a problem is this rifle? shooting 100m outdoors, you should be ok as long as it isnt blowing a gale?!

Nigel, Check that the barrel is clear of the stock all the way up. Common fault and I have seen two T3s with this problem.

It was mentioned on a post earlier, I think it's Stead Hall rifle and pistol club that have the tunnel ranges near Ikley.

Not been myself, but might be tempted to give them a try.

Hi jb7x57, who's the we? Is it a club? I might be interested if you could pm or post some details,

Cheers,

Scott

Nigel, its not that close but theres the tunnels at ilkley.. where the BDS run DSC1 courses. Not sure on the name of it though..

To be fair, how much of a problem is this rifle? shooting 100m outdoors, you should be ok as long as it isnt blowing a gale?!

That'd be steadhall RPC. A fine facility

George

Hi All,
Been having trouble zeroing in my tikka T3 (6.5x55), out in the field, could't get a consistent group. don't know if it's me moving, or something else moving or what.
So really need to take it down to a range where can get rifle stable and sort things out a bit more leisurely.
Can anyone tell me of 100m ranges near to me (Chorley, Lancs).

Much appreciated.

Cheers
Nigel.

you could give this place a try

http://www.caltonmoorrange.com/
just outside of Ashbourne on the Ashbourne to leek road
been there myself and higly recommend it

Hi jb7x57, could you send me details of the club/person who own this range please ? Used to live in Chorley but no idea there was a 75 metre range so close.

Many Thanks - Dooty

the club is bolton rifle and pistol club our ranges are on scout road belmont 25 mtr 40 mtr and 75 mtr we are passed for up to full bore n1geld hope you had a enjoyable morning with us it was nice to meet you, any one who wants to look around or come as a visitor pm me, or you can allways ask n1geld he came as a visitor this morning to zero his rifle for a independant view

Back