rifle slings

flyingfisherman

Although a normal sling is generally acceptable for 90% of my stalking, i have started thinking about what the XC skiing bods use in the winter olympics.. its a sling but with two shoulder straps, meaning that you can crawl with the rifle securely stored on your back, they also seem to be able to get it off their back and shoot pretty quickly..

Does anyone know if theres a sling on the open market like this? Ive seen one in the bushwear catalogue but i think its a bit more fiddly..

I Have seen one made by Ash243 here on the website
Cracking bit of kit and very adjustable, not sure what he charges, he is not to far from you
Regards
Ian

I use the Z-Aim harness.. rump it up tight and you would never know your rifle was there until you fall over and get knocked out by your T8!!

Biathlon sling from [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Niggeloh, gets my vote. Light, comfortable, ,rot proof,and folds down to next to nothing when its not needed. I stopped using leather rifle slings 15 years ago. Would never go back to one.

Hi flyingfisherman

I have a Non-Slip Niggeloh Neoprene back pack rifle sling, I got one of these because my rifle kept slipping of my shoulder with a regular sling.It takes a bit of practice to master removing it with the quick clips but apart from that I think its great but pricey

I order a few things in from the US every now and then.
Recently I also got in back pack slings from grov tec.
Actually getting used to it, you can use it as a normal sling,
just throw both sides over one shoulder. Or as a back pack style
when draging a deer. I have one spare, swivels attached.
edi

The best sling I've ever used was the Latigo from Brownells- excellent design- it's a shooting and carrying sling- and it's made from really good leather. Pricey, but worth it.

Ive got the niggeloh double strap and to be honest, most of the time i use it as one strap because its a faff to put on and off with bulky clothes on.

But if you are on more of an open ground / hill situation then i would imagine they are good as you have the time to get sorted before starting the stalk in earnest

Ive got the niggeloh double strap and to be honest, most of the time i use it as one strap because its a faff to put on and off with bulky clothes on.

But if you are on more of an open ground / hill situation then i would imagine they are good as you have the time to get sorted before starting the stalk in earnest

Ditto. Rarely use it as I'm rarely on the hill :(

All biathlon slings are a bit of a faff over bulky clothes. I found that after a bit of practice with the Niggoeloh getting in and out become relatively easy . What I like about the Niggeloh is you can use it as a single if you so choose. Something you cant do with the leather ones that I have seen. The other advantage is it folds flatter and smaller.

Last edited:
Back