Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Pride

National Pride

A mate of mine in Alabama sent me this clip and it really got to me.

The sence of pride that Oliver North has in his voice when talking about the US Marines in the middle east made me feel proud of them but also very proud of our troops.

But then I got to thinking, WHY AM i NOT HEARING THIS SORT OF THING FROM MY PM AND THE REST OF THE GOVENMENT, or have I missed something. Where is our national pride

http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/index.HTML

Max

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    But then I got to thinking, WHY AM i NOT HEARING THIS SORT OF THING FROM MY PM AND THE REST OF THE GOVENMENT,
    Because we don't have an NRA like the americans, that has the political clout that the americans NRA has, we don't have the same grasp of the theatrical as the americans, we don't have the same quality public speakers as the americans, and we don't have the same political system as the americans, we don't have the same quality of speak writers that the americans have and we nevr suffered a 9-11 like the americans.

The americans are far more gung ho about their military, and its operations. They do have more of them out there. and sadly it is a far bigger political issue then we have here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Allman View Post
    Because we don't have an NRA like the americans, that has the political clout that the americans NRA has, we don't have the same grasp of the theatrical as the americans, we don't have the same quality public speakers as the americans, and we don't have the same political system as the americans, we don't have the same quality of speak writers that the americans have and we nevr suffered a 9-11 like the americans.

The americans are far more gung ho about their military, and its operations. They do have more of them out there. and sadly it is a far bigger political issue then we have here in the UK.
    Lt Col North doesn't have speech writers. He spends most of his time in hot combat zones as a combat correspondent. Even to this day at age 67 years.

You definitely don't have the NRA, though you should the way you folks get pushed around with regard to firearms.

You definitely don't have the same political system, which is a shame.

We do have a lot of military operations, always have. There was a big one back in your neck of the woods in the early 1940's if I remember right. We also have a lot of humanitarian efforts going on all the time. Tsunamis, hurricanes, Somali pirates... funny how the US manages to spent tens of millions of tax payers dollars -usually with the tax payers nodding acceptance of need- before anyone else manages to get a ship out of port. Gung-ho? You bet. ~Muir

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Lt Col North doesn't have speech writers. He spends most of his time in hot combat zones as a combat correspondent. Even to this day at age 67 years.
    We do have a lot of military operations, always have. There was a big one back in your neck of the woods in the early 1940's if I remember right.
    No need for this
    Last edited by JAYB; 06-11-2010 at 10:53. Reason: Insulting and unwanted

Allman,

I have noticed that in one or two of your previous posts you have been controversial even antagonistic and here you go again. Now I do not wish to get into a debate over this, so take it as a warning, watch your mouth. I personally find your remarks quite offencive and I was going to to leave it at giving you a warning, but on reflection you are banned.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Jayb

Well done that man

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

So I'll go put my fishing rod away!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Allman,

I have noticed that in one or two of your previous posts you have been controversial even antagonistic and here you go again. Now I do not wish to get into a debate over this, so take it as a warning, watch your mouth. I personally find your remarks quite offencive and I was going to to leave it at giving you a warning, but on reflection you are banned.

John

A mate of mine in Alabama sent me this clip and it really got to me.

The sence of pride that Oliver North has in his voice when talking about the US Marines in the middle east made me feel proud of them but also very proud of our troops.

But then I got to thinking, WHY AM i NOT HEARING THIS SORT OF THING FROM MY PM AND THE REST OF THE GOVENMENT, or have I missed something. Where is our national pride

http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/index.HTML

Max
    Max..

Something close to my heart this one ,and i could go on forever on this,put loads of links up etc.

This however would undoubtedly turn into a slanging match in no time so ill refrain from airing my patriotic views..

Especially as they arent stalking related...

Our National pride i assure you is as strong as ever, and none more so than the families whose girls and boys, friends and relatives are serving overseas..

Our government however ...
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Max
    Max

To return to the original email.

If you heard one of our politicians come out with something similar, why would you believe them? Is there a member of the current cabinet or shadow cabinet who has served in our armed forces? Other than Iain Duncan-Smith I can't think of any. Our politicians commitment to our armed forces over the last 20 years has been shameful.

That said, why compare Oliver North to one of our politicians? In his own words he's a "combat decorated marine, a #1 best-selling author, the founder of a small business, an inventor with three U.S. patents, a syndicated columnist, and the host of War Stories on the Fox News Channel". As well as this he does some very admirable charitable work. Great, but he's not a politician, so let's not compare him to one.

Having watched the video I can't say I'm a fan of this emotional style of speech. Think about it this way. Can you see Michael Boyce, Michael Walker or Jock Stirrup coming out with something similar? Nope, me neither.

But let's not be too down on ourselves.....in the UK we've got Bryn Parry

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!