Thread: monster boar

monster boar

has anyone seen the boar shot in america in the daily mail by an 11 year old boy using a 50 cal hand gun

but he shot it about 8 times

Carl Gustaf
    Well you can't be too careful can you!

If you go to UK Varminting one of the guys (JR from Border Barrels) has some inside info' on it. The pig had escaped from a farm and had been causing a nuisance to home owners, so he asked somebody to shoot it.

The really worrying thing was that the father and guide covered the son “with high Powered rifles” while he had 16 shots at it with the .50 cal pistol.(only 8 hit it). All sounds a bit bull$1th to me, 16 rounds out of a .50 cal pistol even for a adult would give the hands battering let alone a 11 year old boy, if they had rifles why did they not just shot it humanely with a rifle?

Thar

Quote Originally Posted by Thar
    If you go to UK Varminting one of the guys (JR from Border Barrels) has some inside info' on it. The pig had escaped from a farm and had been causing a nuisance to home owners, so he asked somebody to shoot it.

The really worrying thing was that the father and guide covered the son “with high Powered rifles” while he had 16 shots at it with the .50 cal pistol.(only 8 hit it). All sounds a bit bull$1th to me, 16 rounds out of a .50 cal pistol even for a adult would give the hands battering let alone a 11 year old boy, if they had rifles why did they not just shot it humanely with a rifle?

Thar
    I agree totally

It wouldn't be America to kill it with 1 Shot

Actually, the story on the pig was that it was bought by a farmer for his wife, and then sold to the ranch where it was shot. Apparently the wife bred and grew hogs, and the family got tired of it and sold them all.

The kid and his father, more the father I'd guess, tried to capitalize on their celebrity and are now finding out how fast things can turn. Most of the people who were congratulating them on the kill last week have now distanced themselves this week.

My guess is the father set up the kid to make the kill knowing that it would make a better story. Personally I feel bad for the kid.