stalking with Ian farrington

Gaz

Been looking at Ian Farringtons deer services. Can anyone give personal references, or recommend him as a good contact, for some stalking outings. Thanks Gaz

I've not been out with him yet but others on the forum that have used his services give him some of the best reviews you'll read.

ianf

hi you will find ian top notch has a lot of good land im hoping we are after cwd later in the year
atb tom

A search on the forums will show plenty of good references. I shot my first deer with Ian. He has a great setup with accomodation and the shootings pretty good too. He'll work hard to get you on to a deer. Last time I was out he threatened to eat my hat if we didn't see a deer on the patch of ground we planned to go on. I shot a deer and didn't need a new hat.

Ian, is fast approaching the status of demi-god with the guys here.

You will not find anyone with a bad word to say about him.

Yep, spent a few hours with Ian cant recommend him enough, and Jo's cooking is perfect. Accomodation is ideal and plenty of deer:stag:. Booked for another go at the pigs for next year already.

Although I do worry over the leather trousers!!! :-|

I've been out with Ian a couple of times, and very happily give him a thumbs-up (....and that IS a figure of speech, not some kind of depraved stalking ritual!!!:eek::eek:).

Top bloke.

ATB,

Merlin

Our Ian`s a good lad ;) i still have one of his High seats that i should realy return to him one of the days :thumb:

I shot my first Deer with Ian :)

Very professional and friendly, his wife also. I had a great time and would recommend him to anyone.

Phil

Ian, is fast approaching the status of demi-god with the guys here.

You will not find anyone with a bad word to say about him.
I will! he gets you out of bed ridiculously early and then puts sugar in your tea! :p and to cap it all he puts you onto deer and you end up spending hours sorting out the meat and head :) other than that, he is a charming helpful chap and I would recommend his services to anyone.

Attachments

• DSCF4105.jpg
    DSCF4105.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 48
At the risk of redundancy here I too will unreservedly recommend IanF's services in both deer stalking and training in rifle shooting in field positions.

I took my first roe with him, of course, but he also taught me to shoot a rifle in real world conditions.

Oh yes. Forgot to mention about the training. Spend a morning or afternoon doing the training. It will stand you in good stead for all your future shooting. I stopped using a bipod shortly after I learnt to use the sticks properly.

Ian and Jo are exceptional professionals and irritatingly charming company. Being in their company in the field or as guest at their lodge is time savoured indeed; Ian has taught me a great deal, thankfully I still have even more to learn from him!

Ian made the single biggest and positive change to my stalking life.

I now wear leather chaps stalking and keep a digestive biscuit under my hat.

It's the little tips like this, that add up to more than the sum of their parts, that are truly priceless.

Even to this day, every time I see beaver I think of moustaches.

Yep, spent a few hours with Ian cant recommend him enough, and Jo's cooking is perfect. Accomodation is ideal and plenty of deer:stag:. Booked for another go at the pigs for next year already.

Although I do worry over the leather trousers!!! :-|
:Dand what may i ask is wrong with leather trousers .should i admit to owning a pair :lol:

Back