Thread: New member introduction

New member introduction

Hi all - my name's Darren, 44, live in St Albans, Hertfordshire. I grew up in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa (so there were always firearms of all descriptions around, especially during the war in Rhodesian/Zim!) before coming to the UK 12 years ago. Have done a fair amount of hunting in Africa, and in UK I mostly I stalk on a friend's land in Herts (Fallow and Muntjac, management/meat only, not trophy), but have done a fair bit of Roe stalking in Dorset as well.
    I am always looking to meet like-minded people, learn from their experiences and broaden my own.
    Trying to get my son involved in shooting/stalking - he is 9 and we have tried a bit of pigeon shooting, which he loved, he shot a Dassie with a .22 when we went hunting in South Africa in April and has accompanied me in a high seat.
    I currently have a Sako .308, CZ .17HMR and a Proctor .375 H&H.
    Apologies if this is too long!

Welcome to the site Darren, far from being too long it's a proper introduction and tells us all something about yourself. Many guys just say hello and provide no information at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tayloda View Post
    Hi all - my name's Darren, 44, live in St Albans, Hertfordshire. I grew up in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa (so there were always firearms of all descriptions around, especially during the war in Rhodesian/Zim!) before coming to the UK 12 years ago. Have done a fair amount of hunting in Africa, and in UK I mostly I stalk on a friend's land in Herts (Fallow and Muntjac, management/meat only, not trophy), but have done a fair bit of Roe stalking in Dorset as well.
    I am always looking to meet like-minded people, learn from their experiences and broaden my own.
    Trying to get my son involved in shooting/stalking - he is 9 and we have tried a bit of pigeon shooting, which he loved, he shot a Dassie with a .22 when we went hunting in South Africa in April and has accompanied me in a high seat.
    I currently have a Sako .308, CZ .17HMR and a Proctor .375 H&H.
    Apologies if this is too long!
    Hi Darren,

If you want to meet a bunch of like minded guys, you could do worse than hook up with Paul & Alan at GAP 180 club in Hertfordshire, near Baldock. They have 15000 acres of permissions for fallow and munties and reasonable rates. Mostly high seats. They have advertised on SD at http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u....php?14682-Cwd

I'm off to Namibia for a cape buff this month, so wish me luck.

Regards
    50/50

Thanks for that 50/50, will look them up. As for your buff hunt, you lucky bu**er - I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy it, and best of luck! It is one of my 'to dos' and will maybe be able to treat myself for my 50th or something.
    Thanks 8x57.

Established Poster
    Hello mate always good to see another local ish person on here i am currently a member of GAP 180 and have been for a good few years now . Very good bunch of guys with endless knowledge too