Last year I had 3 cancellations of an eagerly anticipated and long-awaited day out due to seriously adverse weather - I finally got out onto the hill on my 4th attempt, having crossed everything I possibly could - and as it turned out had a cracking day.

Fast-forward a little.....trip arranged for today. Weather forecast for Thursday getting more and more like armageddon the closer to Thursday we got.....so it wasn't really a huge surprise to get the call this morning that means rescheduling will be necessary; weather for breaking out the blueprints for an ark, nailing your boots to the floor, and wearing a concrete hat........

Bugger.

And due to work being pretty hectic right now, chances are I won't have opportunity to reschedule this side of Christmas. Double bugger.

These things happen......

(...but on the upside, we went out foxing last night before the weather turned and within 5 minutes had managed to nail a particularly sneaky vixen that has been giving us the run around for a few weeks now . It must have been distracted by the hedgehog it was trying to eat as we dropped the lamp on it, although spines were the least of its worries once a 55g ballistric-tip was hurtling towards it! Result.)