Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Interesting Deer Dog Article

  1. #1
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

  2. #2
    As the source says - it's a scan of an original BDS article. It was included in my BDS Advanced Stalkers course book of some 18 years ago, and probably predates that by some way, so it's quite old insofar as some of the info is concerned - for example note the breed preferences, BMH was not around in the UK in any numbers at that time and isn't mentioned.

  3. #3
    I think that article used to be in the old NSCC hand book.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    As the source says - it's a scan of an original BDS article. It was included in my BDS Advanced Stalkers course book of some 18 years ago, and probably predates that by some way, so it's quite old insofar as some of the info is concerned - for example note the breed preferences, BMH was not around in the UK in any numbers at that time and isn't mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    I think that article used to be in the old NSCC hand book.
    Thanks for the comments, however it doesn't make it any less interesting to those of us who never saw the original and as I dont, nor have any desire to own a BMH, it is still relevant to me and I dare say many others.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Thanks for the comments, however it doesn't make it any less interesting to those of us who never saw the original and as I dont, nor have any desire to own a BMH, it is still relevant to me and I dare say many others.
    I agree a nice article from one of the first importers to the country.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Thanks for the comments, however it doesn't make it any less interesting to those of us who never saw the original and as I dont, nor have any desire to own a BMH, it is still relevant to me and I dare say many others.
    Of course. There's not much in the way of home grown info around so anything published here in the UK is interesting even if it is a bit dated.

Similar Threads

  1. Interesting article in ST this week
    By ScottC in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-06-2010, 19:13
  2. Interesting article on reindeer biology
    By Iwrch in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-03-2010, 01:38
  3. Poaching - Interesting article
    By rockingod in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-12-2009, 19:27
  4. An interesting article on load development.
    By Blaser3006 in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-08-2007, 16:55
  5. Interesting article in The Independent
    By Rob Mac in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-07-2007, 15:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •