Thread: Marooned!!

Marooned!!

Stuck on Arran, after the BASC week 1 on the hinds. Ferrys cancelled.One decent day with 3 hinds but too wet & windy to see anything on the other days. Bob & Nigel very helpful. A lot of hectares to cover with a low density of deer, so luck & previous experience of the ground very useful. One party blanked out, we shot 3 and another party 5 and I think that the others got 2.
    Tip, sight your rifle in at 200 Meters.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by rodkayak View Post
    Stuck on Arran, after the BASC week 1 on the hinds. Ferrys cancelled.One decent day with 3 hinds but too wet & windy to see anything on the other days. Bob & Nigel very helpful. A lot of hectares to cover with a low density of deer, so luck & previous experience of the ground very useful. One party blanked out, we shot 3 and another party 5 and I think that the others got 2.
    Whos Nigel? dont you mean Neil?

200 metres? To what range are you planning to shoot out to? I know there are are some decent restocks on Arran and sometimes difficult to get into the beasts but to imply that one may have to zero at 200 suggests that a wide brimmed 10 gallon haed piece may be in order????

soz....couldn't resist!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rodkayak View Post
    "No matter how much you do.....there's always plenty more!"

Looks like the good Arran days have well and truly passed........

Quote Originally Posted by Jinga View Post
    Looks like the good Arran days have well and truly passed........
    Got to disagree.

Myself and Glenn shot the 5. 3 x Calves and 2 x Hinds. Counted 12 on the 1st day. We knew of another 5 that were candidates. Of those 5, 3 were 90% surety as they graised on the same area every day, we left them for another day. Glenn, failed to get close enough on the last day for these three due to light dropping very quickly.

Arran days are still there, you just got to get out and find them, but will conceed that as with ALL stalking, there is some amount of luck involved.

We had 2 epic hill stalks and shot 4 on the Wednesday.

Great time.

I can think of worse places to be marooned

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by arthursc View Post
    Got to disagree.

Myself and Glenn shot the 5. 3 x Calves and 2 x Hinds. Counted 12 on the 1st day. We knew of another 5 that were candidates. Of those 5, 3 were 90% surety as they graised on the same area every day, we left them for another day. Glenn, failed to get close enough on the last day for these three due to light dropping very quickly.

Arran days are still there, you just got to get out and find them, but will conceed that as with ALL stalking, there is some amount of luck involved.

We had 2 epic hill stalks and shot 4 on the Wednesday.

Great time.
    Not according to some postees on here