Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing a rifle from sweden

Importing a rifle from sweden

Can anyone give me some advice regarding importing a rifle from sweden? I've set my heart on getting a husqvarna 1640, and seeing as there are basically none in this country i'm thinking a importing.

Viking kindly pointed out a swedish classifieds site with a few on them. I haven't contacted anyone yet, but how much of a pain is it? Is an expensive export permit or hours of paperwork required? Will courier charges be high? Has anyone here done it?

There is a canadian site that sells them at a good price, but want $3000 minimum order to export. Anyone know of a way to import from canada without paying more than the gun's value?

Or best of all a 1640 in the uk?
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

Harry there are some dealers who do import here in the UK. I got my Husqvarna Model 46 from Norman Clark. Otherwise you need to check the procedure at the Swedish end. The only one I did was an obsolete calibre rifle from Switzerland and it just came throguh the post but things have changed since then .

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Harry there are some dealers who do import here in the UK. I got my Husqvarna Model 46 from Norman Clark. Otherwise you need to check the procedure at the Swedish end. The only one I did was an obsolete calibre rifle from Switzerland and it just came throguh the post but things have changed since then .
    ah excellent i'll try norman clarkes then. Do they have a source in sweden or would i have to find it first?
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

I have some info about importing from EU countries from the Department of Trade if you want it?

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Phone Torsbo Handels AB. 0046 321 74040 www.torsbohandels.com They have 4 in stock 2 x 30.06 and 2x 6.5x55. I'm sure you could buy from them and get it sent to a RFD in England . I had my guns sent from a RFD in the UK to Torsbo with no problem. You could ask them to keep their eyes open for a nice one for you. They don't make very much money here and you should get a very good one for under 300 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    I have some info about importing from EU countries from the Department of Trade if you want it?

ft
    Yes I love it thanks flytie

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Phone Torsbo Handels AB. 0046 321 74040 www.torsbohandels.com They have 4 in stock 2 x 30.06 and 2x 6.5x55. I'm sure you could buy from them and get it sent to a RFD in England . I had my guns sent from a RFD in the UK to Torsbo with no problem. You could ask them to keep their eyes open for a nice one for you. They don't make very much money here and you should get a very good one for under 300 quid.
    Thanks for that Jagare. I was hoping you'd reply... I had a look on their site and it's not going to get me very far being monolinguistic. I'll give them a call next week then, or are they open on saturdays?
    By the way it was you that ignited my lust for a husqvarna - I visited the museum when I was there this summer and it was fantastic. I already thought I liked them but now I just NEED one!

Harry, Torsbo are open to 12.00 on Saturday thats 13.00 English time.
    Glad you enjoyed the museum its well worth a visit and not just for the gun section.

Have a look at your top bar. You should have at the right hand end a box marked Page, On the dropdown there is a "Translate with Bing" click it and haypresto,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Harry, Torsbo are open to 12.00 on Saturday thats 13.00 English time.
    Glad you enjoyed the museum its well worth a visit and not just for the gun section.
    Yes it sure is. Of course I loved the chainsaws (had a bit of a chainsaw fetish at one time, still have the remnents of several huge old saws), but the foundry stuf was beautiful too - I'd love one of their big old cast iron stoves, and the pans and heaps of other stuff. Real craftsmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Have a look at your top bar. You should have at the right hand end a box marked Page, On the dropdown there is a "Translate with Bing" click it and haypresto,
    Jim
    What browser is this with Jim? I use firefox and can't find the translator...

The dreaded internet explorer
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...handels.com%2F

The link is the site open in translated mode. No guarentees it will carry over,
    Jim