Daystate upgrade to FAC

Devon County Shooter

Hi all,

Just after some info regarding the change for a Daystate mk3 air rifle. It is set to the legal limit at the moment (12ft), i would like to increase the power of it to (17ft) so it falls into the FAC catagory. Firstly will the pressure system take the increase, only asking as this is my first air rifle and as i have a spot on my license for .22 rimfire + mod, will this be legal for me to have on my ticket? Any one done the conversion, what does it cost?

Any air rifle gunners out there please leave your feedback.

Regards

Hi, a friend had the Daystate Airwolf and talked about getitng it increased to 17ft, didnt in the end (bought a rimmy) but everything he read about it said it was not a problem. Airgun BBS is the best place to ask. Cheers Steve

Just after some info regarding the change for a Daystate mk3 air rifle. It is set to the legal limit at the moment (12ft), i would like to increase the power of it to (17ft) so it falls into the FAC category. Firstly will the pressure system take the increase,
Ask Daystate

only asking as this is my first air rifle and as i have a spot on my license for .22 rimfire + mod, will this be legal for me to have on my ticket?
You need a variation to acquire more firearms on your FAC, cost is £26

Any one done the conversion, what does it cost?
Ask Daystate

PS you will lose money going this route as it is cheaper to sell the gun and buy a FAC mark3.
Cost of upgrade and reduction in value of Mark 3.

As said get a variation, its quite an expensive business getting a FAC air rifle Im told by friends, I gave it a miss because of that, mates FAC air cost him more than my .243 with mod, scope and ammo.

That said Im told its quite a handy tool for when .22LR is to much gun and 12ft air is not enough

yuo need a specific slot on your ticket for an FAC air-rifle; you will also need the wording for a mod if you intend to put one of those on the end. An FAC air-rifle is NOT a rimfire, so you can't just slot it into that gap (not that anyone would perform the transaction seeing that on your ticket anyway).

I've a gap on my ticket for a FAC air-rifle, just not got around to getting one yet..... They can be a bit pricey, but there is a gap inbetween my sub-12 ft/lbs air-rifles and my 17HMR, and the high-power air-rifle will be what fills that gap quite nicely!:D

ATB,

Merlin

I had ar Theoben rapid seven P.C.P., It always seemed to flatten bunnies better than the .22LR, it was running @ 29 foot pounds, it was just to bloody heavy though.

Any air rifle that is converted to over 12ft/lb's can not be down graded back to a non fac air rifle after it has being classed as a firearm and that can cause problems if you want to sell it on at a later date!.

Buy a dedicated FAC airrifle, they are much cheeper, & less of value. Leave your as is ! As for upping 12-17 flb, it is not worth the bother go at least 26-34 flb , if you must. Reasons as above. good luck.

I have a Daystate LR90FTR in .177 which I had upgrade to FAC, now runs at 19ftlbs and is just sub sonic. Work was done by Daytate and with a full service cost about £70 but this was some years ago. Once upped to FAC an air rifle cannot be returned to a normal Air rifle so beware. It is deadly and is like pushing needles through quarry. Pellets can be tricky, I still use the now discountinued RWS FTS but Barraccuda match are v good. You will need a varriation on your FAC and remember to add the moddy.Usually no problems with the police.

Second hand FAC rated air rifles tend to be very cheap as there is such a limited market and so great value if you can find one but not good if you are selling.

My Daystate came back looking as new and I think the work was done by the guy who built it in the first place. As I was working near to Daystate at the time I picked it up having given it to them at a Game Fair. Cannot fault the service and had an opportunity to look at the factory at the same time.

If I was going to buy a FAC air rifle now I would look for one of the buddy bottle type or with a large capacity reseviour so you get a decent number of shots.

Regards

D

Back