Thread: a well eaned find for xena !

a well eaned find for xena !

Attachment 3416Attachment 3417Attachment 3418
    im so chuffed , my little BMH found her 2nd deer this morning shooting it in heavy reedy cover after watching it walk along a hedge line in a marsh.

the shot was 200yds and i only saw the deer rear up , i didnt see it drop so all i could do is put xena into action

i slipped her on the long line and she soon found the foot scent of the roe along the hedge and let her get on with it , i let her lead me until she got caught up under a fallen tree so i took the long line off the collar and she was off again , by the time i got around the tree she had found it about 40yds further up the hedge ! after letting her drag it about a bit and bark and bay it , i cracked on with the gralloch and loaded the roe into the roe sack and got out of the marsh !

im well made up , the training is paying off and the terain was hard going for me and the dog , but she wouldnt give up !!

cheers for reading

lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Well done Xena. When you work with a dog there is nothing like the feeling of a successful find.

well done xena and Lee, its so nice when all that training pay off and you have a dog to be proud of, well done again.

Anthony

Oh well done Xena (and Lee!).

Nice to read how others are getting on with their Bavarians

Such cracking dogs, we are so pleased with ours, full of character but with a fantastic temperament. Love her to bits, we all do. People stop and talk on walks (Feel like proud parents)

Once again well done Lee, you must be made up

All the best to you both

Michelle

Its a great feeling isnt it! As a breed they are terrific dogs, and very loyal as well. Well done, heres to the next one for Xena.

Best Sikamalc and Todd

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Its a great feeling isnt it! As a breed they are terrific dogs, and very loyal as well. Well done, heres to the next one for Xena.

Best Sikamalc and Todd
    i agree totally !

thanks for all your comments , one thing i didnt mention was that she scented the roe 100 yds before i even saw them !

the power of their noses are a real eye opener , she was like a scent hoover if xenas nose could heve got any closer to the ground , she would have dug a trench !

she might be a stubborn little bugger and at times she looks at me like im an idiot , in the way only BMH'S do but when she pulls off a cracking completely blind track on foot scent only i forgive her and give her a cuddle ! (soppy sod i know!)

all the very best

lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Ahh you will find that BMH are very good and scenting deer in front, they are a great asset in wooded areas. Todd did the business this weekend and took me and Marty right onto a small groups of Fallow in a wood. The BMH is a great dog to work with, you will be suprised at how little you will need to teach her, they just have it in them from the get go!