swarovski z6i

cervushunter

Hi all,

I am looking to get a swarovski 2.5-15 x 56 z6i, the question is should i get one with ballistic turrets for the odd shot in the 200-250 range on deer/fox or more often target shooting to about 400 yard max.

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinons on both models but please lets not get into a debate about distance shooting on live game. thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I am looking to get a swarovski 2.5-15 x 56 z6i, the question is should i get one with ballistic turrets for the odd shot in the 200-250 range on deer/fox or more often target shooting to about 400 yard max.

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinons on both models but please lets not get into a debate about distance shooting on live game. thanks in advance.
I have one with the BT I have had many mnay scopes over the years all top end stuff but IMO there isnt a better scope on the market for a stalking rifle,with a lovely ret and dya and night illumination,just enough mag for a extended range shots there superb,excellnet field of view throughout the mag range and stunning optics
I have my rifle zeroed at 200 then the turret set at 300,400 and 500 yards which works well for me,I wouldnt be without the BT as theres no need to guess,just range find and turn the dial,job done

What do you do about windage ? A good friend of mine who stalks and target shoots says they are useless without it!!

What do you do about windage ? A good friend of mine who stalks and target shoots says they are useless without it!!
total rubbish,even with a scope with windage adjustments you wouldnt take an extended range shot at deer anyway due to the wind swirl and movement,it would also mean carrying a wind metre
now on the bench shooting paper you just adjust ain off to suit the wind

I asked the same question a few months ago, i ended up buying a 5-30 by 50 and love it.

I agree with the above, the extra for the BT is more than worth it.

I have mine zeroed at 100 and 175, i then have memorized the the clicks in 25 yard incriments up to 350, i found that the sworovski software was spot on but i think you need to put the correct muzzle in to get the best benifits.

steve

A friend has one of these on his 25-06 and it is absolutely the best stalking scope I've ever used.

It was a bit fiddly to set up the BT, basically because we were blokes and didn't read the manual thoroughly at first, but once set up it was and is excellent.

Cheers,

Phil

Mark
Ain't you got one yet :eek: :D

You dont want them fiddly bits for deer its just summut else to knock off :stir: get I nice flat shooting load 1.1/4 high zero at 100 yds aim at the middle of the deer 0-300 yards dead deer :D:thumb:simples.

Thats stirred them all up, I'm off on my hol's know :lol:

Go for the 56mm obj best scope I've ever had.

Speak soon mate

Wayne

Hi Cervushunter,

I've done a couple of write up's about the purchase of my scope.

I have a Z6I 2.5 - 15 x 56 4AI BT which a purchased a number of months ago.

It is without doubt the best scope I've used and will last me for a very very long time on one of my set ups.

The extra money is worth it.. but do your shopping around and forget list prices from the numerous stores and shops around.

Having spent some considerable time I came across the site below:

http://www.clunycountrystore.co.uk/...Id=247&ccSID=33f9b086881855be7f02e5967216bbea

I took advantage of the "email now for best offer special price" link and had feed back within a few hours.. a quick phone call and the scope was with me the very next day in Hampshire.

I saved around £400 from memory which helps alot when your spending this sort of money.

Great service and just the best price I could find in the UK for a genuine UK imported scope.

All the best

Robbo25

Re Clunystore....Consider yourself lucky Robbo. I emailed around a month ago ....still waiting. Then called the number on the site and got a bloke selling golf clubs who said I wanted another bloke who shared the same shop who was away for a week....hence I didnt bother, a good choice considering said bloke didnt email back.

Hi Chickenman...

Wow amazing the difference in experience.

They did seem to sell a wide range and variety of products but I could not emphasise enough how good my service experience with them was.

Either way it just proves that shopping around for the right price at the right time is so very important.

Let's hope Hunterscabin is able to sort him out with a good deal..

Robbo25

Dont to forget to check out Campbell Ritchies in Grantown on Spey.
Always worth a phone call.

Hello Wayne,

Its your bloody fault that i have to have one:lol:

I hear what your saying about a flat shooting round but my little 7mm 08 has a trajectory resembling a ski slope:)

Enjoy your hols and may you have hot barrels.:drool:

Robbo25
Hi Cervushunter,

I've done a couple of write up's about the purchase of my scope.

I have a Z6I 2.5 - 15 x 56 4AI BT which a purchased a number of months ago.

It is without doubt the best scope I've used and will last me for a very very long time on one of my set ups.

The extra money is worth it.. but do your shopping around and forget list prices from the numerous stores and shops around.

Having spent some considerable time I came across the site below:

http://www.clunycountrystore.co.uk/i...02e5967216bbea

I took advantage of the "email now for best offer special price" link and had feed back within a few hours.. a quick phone call and the scope was with me the very next day in Hampshire.

I saved around £400 from memory which helps alot when your spending this sort of money.

Great service and just the best price I could find in the UK for a genuine UK imported scope.

All the best

Robbo25​

I can vouch for the prices quoted by Robin @ http://www.clunycountrystore.co.uk as being very competetive.:D

Hi all,

Do you really need one if you are honestly limiting your shots to a max of 250yds?

If you are zeroed to be smack on at 200yds the drop even with your 7mm-08 over the remaining 50yds is marginal. JMO

Back