Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ka - Ching!! Good deal on bullets at the local shop!

Ka - Ching!! Good deal on bullets at the local shop!

I walked into a large ranch supply store in Billings, Montana today and found they were having a sale. I found two boxes of 6.5 Hornady, 95 grain V-Max bullets with a yellow price tag marked "Clearance: $12.50" They also had some Speer "Hotcor" 200 grain 8mm bullets with a similar yellow tag priced at $16/50. I bought two boxes of them. Lastly, I bought a set of Burris CZ 527 rings marked with the same tag for $19.50. All components and rings were 15% off so I figured I was due for about a $65 payment after the discount.

When I got to the cash register the girl said that anything with a yellow tag was automatically 50% off so my total was $38US... but then she said that all these items were again 15% off so I ended up paying $32 and change for all of my goods.

It was a darned good day to choose to go to town.~Muir

Muir

See the shop owner and persuade him he needs to set up shop in the UK as well, - he may well find he is kept pretty busy at them prices

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I walked into a large ranch supply store in Billings, Montana today and found they were having a sale. I found two boxes of 6.5 Hornady, 95 grain V-Max bullets with a yellow price tag marked "Clearance: $12.50" They also had some Speer "Hotcor" 200 grain 8mm bullets with a similar yellow tag priced at $16/50. I bought two boxes of them. Lastly, I bought a set of Burris CZ 527 rings marked with the same tag for $19.50. All components and rings were 15% off so I figured I was due for about a $65 payment after the discount.

When I got to the cash register the girl said that anything with a yellow tag was automatically 50% off so my total was $38US... but then she said that all these items were again 15% off so I ended up paying $32 and change for all of my goods.

It was a darned good day to choose to go to town.~Muir
    Muir, you do this on purpose don't you? You just like winding us, poor unfortunate occupants of "rip off" Britain, up It's almost verging on cruelty

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Hi Muir,
    I went into Sportsman warehouse in Bozeman MT 18 months ago and saw some similar bargains, i wasn't sure on legalities of buying them and bringing back to the UK, so i didn't buy them.
    So can we buy and bring back?
    Cheers
    Richard

Why don't you bugger off to Mexico and sell your first born and stop tormenting us

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Why don't you bugger off to Mexico and sell your first born and stop tormenting us

John
    He's going to 'the day after tomorrow'
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Yikes! I was just sharing the joy! Sorry.

Actually, I just got back from Mexico. Got the eldest child married off with much celebration and expense... (hence my joy at the good deals)~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Hi Muir,
    I went into Sportsman warehouse in Bozeman MT 18 months ago and saw some similar bargains, i wasn't sure on legalities of buying them and bringing back to the UK, so i didn't buy them.
    So can we buy and bring back?
    Cheers
    Richard
    I don't know. The last time I visited JAYB I think I brought such things but the laws and regs change quickly. That Sportsman's Warehouse has closed, I think. The one in Billings did. They over expanded and finally ended up closing all but two or three stores in the mid west. I get asked that a lot. I should see what I can find out.

Bozeman is about 4 hours west of me. If you come out this way again give a shout and I'll drive out for lunch.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Bozeman is about 4 hours west of me. If you come out this way again give a shout and I'll drive out for lunch.~Muir

I will be back out one day, but 4 hours is a bit of a jaunt just for lunch, although i did drive for 3 hours to get to some good fishing while i was out there.
    Sorry Muir, i didn't realise you lived there, you lucky bugger, fishing and hunting, marvelous!
    I also didn't realise the shop had closed down in Bozeman, thats a pity as i got some good bargains.
    Cheers
    Richard