Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Self Catering, Scottish Borders

  1. #1

    Self Catering, Scottish Borders

    Can anyone recommend a self catering cottage/cabin in the Borders as I have just been let down very badly. Myself and my girlfriend plus two GSP's are looking to stay somewhere from Sat' Nov' 27 until Fri' Dec' 4. Ideally in the forest/hills, maybe somewhere in the Langholm, Peebles, Dumfries triangle? Thanks, JC

  2. #2
    JC, A few years ago my father and I fished the Border Esk and stopped in Gilnockie Tower cottage, owned by the Buccleuch estates. It was the best equipped cottage we ever stayed in. The views not bad either!

    http://www.unique-cottages.co.uk/cot..._tower_cottage

    They do have other cottages in the area.

    ATB, ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  3. #3
    Looks spot on mate but unfortunately that is the company that has just let me down and having spent half the afternoon arguing with the retards on the phone I'm afraid they won't be getting my cash. Shame when a company was once good but lets it all go. Thanks for your help though. JC

    Actually, come to think about it, they might still have my cash!!

  4. #4
    Try these mate. I have stayed here before and it`s great accomodation. They allow dogs too. I know it`s a little out of the way but i think it`s worth it. It`s near Bonchester bridge.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...chope+cottages

    ATB

    wadas
    Last edited by wadashot; 16-11-2010 at 17:07.

  5. #5
    Try The steadings, Roundabouts Farm near Chesters TD9 8TH. They can usually take dogs. Really nice couple and you can stay B&B or in their self catering flat. web site is - I think www.scottishbordersbandb.co.uk

  6. #6
    6 miles North of Langholm, has 2 lovely self catering cotteges and location is next to farm and set in a lovely valley. I know it well and I'm sure you would like it.

    Mrs Briggs
    Georgefield,
    Westerkirk
    Langholm
    "No matter how much you do.....there's always plenty more!"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamba View Post
    6 miles North of Langholm, has 2 lovely self catering cotteges and location is next to farm and set in a lovely valley. I know it well and I'm sure you would like it.

    Mrs Briggs
    Georgefield,
    Westerkirk
    Langholm
    Phone number is 013873 70227
    "No matter how much you do.....there's always plenty more!"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Looks spot on mate but unfortunately that is the company that has just let me down and having spent half the afternoon arguing with the retards on the phone I'm afraid they won't be getting my cash. Shame when a company was once good but lets it all go. Thanks for your help though. JC

    Actually, come to think about it, they might still have my cash!!
    JC, have you tried the Buccleuch estate office? They were really helpful to us, but there again we had just booked the Willow & Cauldron beats for the fishing. We did not deal with any letting agency, just the Estate Office.

    Sorry you have been stiffed, you ought to let Buccleuch Estates know about it, they will not be happy that those idiots have messed you about.

    ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  9. #9
    Would B and B suffice with dog kennels etc on a shooting estate near Dalbeatie? If so shout out and I'll send you the number.

    Tony
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by martin50 View Post
    Try The steadings, Roundabouts Farm near Chesters TD9 8TH. They can usually take dogs. Really nice couple and you can stay B&B or in their self catering flat. web site is - I think www.scottishbordersbandb.co.uk
    This place is spot on they have rooms and a cottage stopped there quite a few times over the past year
    kevin

Similar Threads

  1. Scottish Borders
    By Tam16 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 27-12-2011, 16:31
  2. Hello From the Scottish Borders!
    By Slaine in forum Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 12:28
  3. Hello from the Scottish Borders
    By farquarson in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 17:20
  4. One from the scottish borders
    By nell in forum Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-07-2008, 22:24
  5. Stalking Scottish Borders
    By morena in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 18:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •