Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customised .375 H&H

Customised .375 H&H

My Customised BRNO 602 ZKK .375 H&H Rifle

The stock has been completely reworked and finished with hand cut checkering, to give a much better and practical feel in the hand. It’s had a steel cap fitted to the grip as well as having a new sling swivel stud inletted into the stock, fixed with 2 screws. The front swivel stud has been replaced for a barrel banded fixing and comes with the handmade heavy duty canvas and leather safari sling made for the rifle with ‘Uncle Mikes’ swivels as in the photo’s. The open sights have been overhauled to be a lot more usable on driven boar and on Safari with Recknagel parts; so with the Quick release Warne 30mm mounts the scope can be whipped off and the rifle can be used with the iron sights. The front sight is barrel banded and hooded with a large Dangerous Game orange bead. The rear sight is one fixed and two folding leaf which comes up straight away very nicely when mounting the rifle quickly. The rifle holds 5+1 rounds in the full-length Mauser extractor style action, with controlled feed for reliability on Dangerous Game. It has a 22’’ heavy barrel, which balances the rifle beautifully and absorbs the recoil nicely. The rifle handles and points very well, making it very suited to Driven Wild Boar shooting as well as anything in Africa.

I’ve recently got hold of an old Sako 9,3x62 which is quite a bit smaller than the .375 but I think with us moving to NZ it’s as big as I need to get. Although I will be keeping my Swaro Z6i !!

I’ve put at most 35 rounds through the rifle myself and about the same was put through by the guy I got it from who had it from new. It’s in very good condition overall and unfortunately never got to leave the country!

I thought 725 for the Rifle, Warne QD 30mm mounts and Sling was quite reasonable given the work done to the package. After all, what can you buy of this quality for that money? I must say, I think the 602 ZKK is a better rifle than the newer 550 models in handling and build quality (last time I tried a Safari Classics one I found it didn’t balance whatsoever) but then the same thing can be said for Sako rifles and probably most others!...

Let me know if you want any more specific photos of the Rifle and please PM me if you’re interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF1566.jpg   DSCF1545.jpg   DSCF1558.jpg   DSCF1563.jpg   DSCF1565.jpg  

Last edited by James20; 20-11-2010 at 12:26. Reason: spelling!
    ATB, James

James, that is one lovely rifle! I wish I could think of a reason that West Mercia would accept. All the best with the sale.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Cheers ft. You don't have to worry about those guys, they're pussy cats at West Mercia really! But seriously, it is a lot more straight forward to get permission for this kind of animal than it has been in past years, I think simply because more and more people have proved good reason to own one!
    ATB, James

Makes a good range rifle I am considering selling my .458 to swop it for a .375 or .404 if I can find a nice P-H to replace the one I have. Just swopped my .458 for the 9.3mm for range use of course Lincs are a right PITA when it comes to Licensing .

Quote Originally Posted by James20 View Post
    Cheers ft. You don't have to worry about those guys, they're pussy cats at West Mercia really! But seriously, it is a lot more straight forward to get permission for this kind of animal than it has been in past years, I think simply because more and more people have proved good reason to own one!
    James, I can think of another word, with four letters, that has a similar meaning to pussy's that comes to my mind in relation to the West Mercia Firearms Department They will not entertain it for fallow, unfortunately.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Brit, if your interested in the .404, why not just pick up a nice Howa 7mm WSM??
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

very nice ............. its just how i would like mine it look

greenshoots

do you want to swop.................

greenshoots

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Brit, if your interested in the .404, why not just pick up a nice Howa 7mm WSM??
    There are several reasons why your suggestion is no good:-

1) 7mm is not a dangerous game calibre

2) Howa is Japanese and not an English made rifle

3) The only WSM I would ever consider is the .325 WSM. I really don't see the point of them.................... the WSM's that is.

I wanted an English big game rifle and at the time could not find a .375 H&H nor .404 but did find this P-H 1100M in Anderson's so we did a deal. I think it's time to finish it and really get one chambered in an English cartridge .

Did this rifle sell? I could be interested... thanks.