Thread: Sako Optilock, 1" stainless, med rings, with inserts!

Sako Optilock, 1" stainless, med rings, with inserts!

I have been looking for some 1" stainless steel optilock medium rings to fit my new scope. Evil-bey has them for 81.50, several shops want about 85.00, Sportsman just quoted me 104.00 delivered I told the guy in the shop he must be having a laugh, but no he was deadly serious. Needless to say we did not do a deal

So back to the web I went, and I found Northallerton (pronounced N'thallerton) gun shop; http://www.nsac.co.uk/ and they had them listed for 81.00. So I rang just to see if they had them in stock, and if the price had gone up.

I spoke to the owner, "just a minute", he said, "I don't know if the web-site price is up to date". He put the phone down and had a furtle round, I could hear him doing it! "Right", says he, "I have some old stock at the old price, they're 55.00".

"So that's Sako Optilock , 1" stainless steel, medium rings with liners for 55.00"? says I.

"Yes, that's right, I have another four pairs at the old price as well"! the nice man said!

Now don't all rush at once, but thats a bargain

I can only suggest that if you are thinking of doing a deal with Sportsman Gun Centre you have a pot of vaseline handy, you might just need it.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Nice to know flytie,

Im looking for some Stainless finish Tikka 30mm Low Optilock Rings and Bases, will give them a phone today, hopefully he'll have these "old stock, old price" too

Cheers for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Nice to know flytie,

Im looking for some Stainless finish Tikka 30mm Low Optilock Rings and Bases, will give them a phone today, hopefully he'll have these "old stock, old price" too

Cheers for the heads up
    RB, you're very welcome!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.