Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New tough phone.

New tough phone.

Hi guys, I am looking for a new tough phone, have had Nokia's for years, present one on last legs after about 5yrs of abuse, (farming/keepering).
    Would ideally like a nokia again, would be useful to have a camera on it not so worried about other bits.
    I am on a contract with vodafone which up for renewal/upgrade hence the questions.
    TIA

Nick

I tried a Samsung tough phone earlier this year - and sent it back after 24 hours...yes, it was that good!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    I tried a Samsung tough phone earlier this year - and sent it back after 24 hours...yes, it was that good!
    I'm hard on phones too and currently looking for a new one, water's the usual killer but impact has seen a few off as well.

I'm looking at these: http://www.jcbphone.co.uk/

My neighbour has had the wonder samsung too, kept dropping calls.
    Not impressed.
    I can't believe Nokia dont make one. I might have to go and check out the jcb.
    Nick.

JCB ones are just the job, I have the cheapest one and its been dunked in a pond while flighting ducks, dropped from 4.5 metres up while out pigging and then run over by my disco after being left on the bonnet while out lamping and its still going strong. I will get another for definite when I eventually wreck this one.

Leon

The Land Rover S1 looks a bit of a beast.
    Link here:
    http://thephonetrader.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?PID=
    Low res camera but looks sturdy enough.
    Last edited by bigmick11; 17-11-2010 at 14:57. Reason: Spelling

iPhone with a Marware cover, had them since iPhones first came out and never had one broke or die yet. Keepering, and all other estate duties apart from gardening, in a wet bit of the west coast!

i have one of those nokia 6300 , it is mostly stainless steel , and has a camra. had it about a year and it has taken a fair bit of abbuse. Those old nokia phones were the best , still have 1 as my work phone , it has been in the river teme once and a pint of beer and still keeps going.

Established Poster
    Hey all dont know if your aware or not but Motorola have just bought out a fone called the DEFY its ment to be pretty good as in water proof shock proof and even shock proof might be worth a try possibly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Had two of those, they lasted about 48 hrs each. Can't comment how good they were as they were too complicated for a mortal man to use. JC