Thread: Introducing Myself

Introducing Myself

Introductions: I've been shooting for 20 years plus and stalking for about 10 years in Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.

In the cabinet for stalking and foxes I have a .243 (Carl Gustav 2000) and a .308 (Sauer 202) both fitted with Apel QD mounts and Swarozski PN 3-12 x 50 illuminated scopes. I also have an FN Mauser action & barrel in 7x57 which eventually will be re-barreled and stocked as time and funds allow. There's also a BRNO .22 in there somewhere for rabbits.

When I can I write magazine articles on English shotguns and shooting in general and have had my work published in The Shooting Gazette this year including a piece on the dreadful prosepects of a ban on lead ammunition. Other UK titles that have published my work include Guns Review (now long gone) Shooting Times and Country illustrated. I've also managed to get a few of pieces into Double Gun Journal in the US.

Hi Doc, glad to have you aboard.What do you use the 7X57 for?What is it like to shoot?do you load your own ammo?does hunting abroad interest you?
    Tusker

Welcome! I have a large, if incomplete, collection of Guns Review. No broad-spectrum (or indeed, narrow-spectrum) shooting mag of that quality is currently available, which is a great pity. Mr. Hestletine's fault, I think?

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    Welcome! I have a large, if incomplete, collection of Guns Review. No broad-spectrum (or indeed, narrow-spectrum) shooting mag of that quality is currently available, which is a great pity. Mr. Hestletine's fault, I think?
    Welcome aboard Doc.

Look forward to your input
    Regards
    Stu
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 19-11-2010 at 12:00.

Welcome aboard Doc,can you have a look at my back

Welcome aboard Dr John.
    Your name made me do a double take, I am listening to

Neil.