Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used Phillip Legget (Bolton)?

Question Anyone used Phillip Legget (Bolton)?

...I'm intending to have the stoat that my son shot recently mounted.

There is a taxidermist in Bolton called Philip Leggett - has anyone used him, or seen any of his work??

Good , bad , or ugly ?

If so, waddya reckon? (I'm after a decent job as it is for my son, and will be his first specimen). I work near Bolton so the logistics would be easy, hence the specific enquiry!

Cheers,

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Merlin,

Stunning work. Have no fears with him.

Stan

Brilliant work - he's doing my silver medal goat for me. His deer heads are superb; as a stalker he really knows what they're supposed to look like in the flesh. He is busy as hell though, so be prepared for a long wait for your trophies.

Adam.

Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback. I'll get in touch with him tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Much obliged.

ATB,

Merlin

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Merlin

I've not used Phil for any mammal taxidermy but I've had two fish (both Arctic Char) stuffed by him - one was mine, one belonged to a friend. In both cases he did a fantastic job and I'd have no hesitation in taking anything else to him.

I used him as he came recommended by Dave Hornbrook, who did my gold medal muntjac. Dave's recommendation was good enough for me.

willie_gunn

P.S. Adam is right about the time it took, but like anything good it's worth the wait.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Merlin,

Some piccies of the Springbok he did for me.

Stan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1070394.JPG   P1070388.JPG   P1070416.jpg  

Cheers Stan/Willie - I'd rather wait a litle longer for a decent job than have summat that looks like roadkill; it may only be a stoat, but it IS for my son!!

(Nice Springbok mount BTW Stan - did you get all 3 on the same trip, and if so, was it planned or just good luck that got the 3 different varieties in fron of you?)

ATB,

Merlin

Merlin,

Planned. A week in the Karoo and got the common and white on day 1. Two more days trying to get the black. Day 4 was Mountain Reedbuck, that really hurt. Three other common springbok, Steinbuck and baboon whilst filling time.

Stan

Merlin
    I had a Harris Hawk mounted by Phil about 15 years ago still looksgreat now i know that for the last few years he has been doing a lot of big stuff from Africa and you cant fault it i would recomend him

Paul

Merlin

Google "pennine taxidermy" Dave Hollingworth is his name and hes at Hollingworth near Manchester his work is second to non and hes a keen deer stalker himself so if you get talking to him and pay cash his prices are very reasonable.

Thanks

Deer Stalker