Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am after some advise I have just been offered a sako 75 stainless synthetic

I am after some advise I have just been offered a sako 75 stainless synthetic

Gents I am after some advise I have just been offered a sako 75 stainless synthetic in .270 thread cut and proofed, rings and bases for 800, I appears to be in very good condition, it has no marks, the trigger and guard also have no signs of ware, the barrel looks fine. It would look like the rifle has been carried more than shot. What do you think?

charlie

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    If I had the chance of one when I was looking for a .270, I'd have bought it, if it's as good as you say, and you don't get on with it, I'll swap you my Tikka .270 Stainless/Synthetic.

I was looking but there was none available, people advised me if I found one, then pick it up, the 75's are by all accounts better than the 85's, but only getting hand on 85's I couldn't compaire.
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Buy it!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie 1 View Post
    Gents I am after some advise I have just been offered a sako 75 stainless synthetic in .270 thread cut and proofed, rings and bases for 800, I appears to be in very good condition, it has no marks, the trigger and guard also have no signs of ware, the barrel looks fine. It would look like the rifle has been carried more than shot. What do you think?

charlie
    Get it bought before someone else does. JC

Charlie,

The Sako 75 IV is a great as a standard factory rifle. However the synthetic stock leaves a little to be desired especially when a moderator is fitted often causing barrel touching forend issues. It is a great base for a custom/semi custom project though and will with any luck cause you little functional problems.

Dennis Groom
    Evolution Firearms

If Dumfries and Galloway were not so far from Aberdeen, I might think that.....

In all seriousness, unless you can find a finnbear from the seventies in the same condition and at the same money, buy it!

Berretta thankfully didn't manage to bugger up Sako quite as badly as Tikka in the same era.

If the condition is as you say it sounds a fair price. I bought a 75 syn ss in 243 about 2 years ago new for 11000. Nice rifle with a comfortable stock and crisp trigger adjustable down to 2lb. The bolt action is 'slack' when compared to my pro hunter. No issues with forend and barrel with a t4 mod fitted. Better to buy second hand quality than a lesser new model providing condition is okay. Good luck.

Buy it and change the stock for a traditional wooden one beeeuuuuuttttiiiifffuuulllll I have two 243 and 30.06 they really are good kit.
    Personally I think they are the best on the market for the price.and for 800 I don't think it will be around long.

Buy it unless you are more tempted by a finnbear in which case speak to Gavin at Anglo custom rifles
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Have you bought it yet?

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.