Boar shooting in Turkey

Anyone been to Turkey recently for boar shooting either driven or stalking? Is it any good?
I went once it was shocking,had out guns taken off us and had to borrow shotguns,locals who drove use around had loaded semi auto shotguns in the car pointing at us,bloody wailing every morning at the crack of dawn calling them them prair,the way the Turks shoot boar is cast off a load of dogs into a valley,then go and sit at the highest pioint wacth the dog chasing a boar then drive like crazy around the moutain tracks with a load gun to were they think its going to come out,everyone has there hand out for money,we got invited to the head man of the village hous for breakfast (that was rank) and then wanted paying for it
they also lost our rifles when we wnet to the airport to come home,thankfully they did trun up,its one place i was glad to leave,the only good thing was the kebabs

I was talking to a guy in Alsace who had been, 5 days stalking boar on foot, often in the dark, up hill and down dale resulted in a 300kg boar with 30cm tusks. He said it is his most hard worked for, most treasured trophy.
The local population have nothing to do with them on religious grounds so they get to grow big unmolested.

Back