Roe Sack

User00004

Can anyone suggest a good make to go for? I'm sure someone on here makes them or there wife/partner does, but I don't know who it is?

Do they all have removable internal membraine? That would be my preferred type.

Thanks in Advance

TJ

Can anyone suggest a good make to go for? I'm sure someone on here makes them or there wife/partner does, but I don't know who it is?

Thanks in Advance

TJ

poppins (on here)

I got one of her Sika Sacks last week, just the business and quick service too. Not christened it yet... that'll be this weekend, hopefully.

+1 for poppins! I wouldn't be without mine, and i think i may well be able to leave it in my will.

ft

Could one of you been kind enough to post a pic or two of her work for me to see as she seems not to have any on her profile.

George

there is a thread posted on 3/11/2010 titled bag for sika .the second thread has a link up on it.

Hi Mate,
a bit cheeky, but if you are interested i have some for sale from my last trip to Germany, i will try to get some details and pics posted.

Have been in contact with Poppins, look to be just the ticket, think it will be a Sika Sack I'll get.

Cheers

TJ

I think I commented on one of the earlier threads but Poppins made my roe sack 18 years ago when I got my first stalkers job. Got her to refurb it this summer. Very pleased with it (again!). Afraid she has got alot to learn about modern business practice though, won't get rich making items that last this long! Hasn't realised that you have to build in several self destruct features so the customer has to buy a new one every couple of years! JC

Thanks in Advance

TJ

There's a saddlery firm from Huntley (can't remember their name) that make an excellent sack. A couple of stalking mates have them and swear by them. My lodden one is just about knackered so I'll be replacing mine with one before the seasons finished.

There's a saddlery firm from Huntley (can't remember their name) that make an excellent sack. A couple of stalking mates have them and swear by them. My lodden one is just about knackered so I'll be replacing mine with one before the seasons finished.
Wrights o huntly an they are the dogs ********

Spot on.......:closed:

The lady who makes them for Wrights of Huntly still does I had two made , in fact its 3 come to think of it I had one commisioned for my assesor as a thank you for the time put in doing our DSC2 the sika sack holds two roe deer easily and all canvas with thick leather straps , She also makes them for the F.C rangers ,I had one she made 25 years ago and its still in decent nick despite the use its had, the only reason we got new ones my mate was after one and mine does have a small hole in it were a bucks antlers have pierched the side as i threw it down, which wasmy fault.
Not cheap though £125.00each but they are the best

View attachment 3531
View attachment 3532
View attachment 3533

Last edited:
+ 1 FOR POPPINS "sika sack" very well made and first rate materials . I saw the one stu gave to his assessor the other week and it REALLY is also exeptionally well made ! though quite a bit more expensive !

:doh::thumb:Whereabouts is she based stu,not at any of the shops,cos they are shut,I'd like to get a new one too,cheers

The lady who makes them for Wrights of Huntly still does I had two made , in fact its 3 come to think of it I had one commisioned for my assesor as a thank you for the time put in doing our DSC2 the sika sack holds two roe deer easily and all canvas with thick leather straps , She also makes them for the F.C rangers ,I had one she made 25 years ago and its still in decent nick despite the use its had, the only reason we got new ones my mate was after one and mine does have a small hole in it were a bucks antlers have pierched the side as i threw it down, which wasmy fault.
Not cheap though £125.00each but they are the best

View attachment 3531
View attachment 3532
View attachment 3533

Stu

do you have any contact details for them? Ta!

Back