Thread: steyr mod L 243, help required please with mounting system

Question steyr mod L 243, help required please with mounting system

as scotland rifles kindly posted this on the sales add, and you guys gave me some good advice, but......being an akward sod i was wondering if it is possible to obtain a diffrent mount set up, ie luepold,burris,hilver or weaver bases. as i already have a selection of diffrent rings (mainly luepold) and also a set of 30mm rings high, with a 18mm dovetail.

the reason for wanting a different set up is because i had originally planned to put my schmidt and bender 2.5x10x56 30mm tube scope on top of this rifle, as i like the extra mag that it provides as opposed to a fixed 6x42.

so any help with a diffrent base assembly would be VERY much appreciated. ps i do not have the rifle at present as it is being held for me until my ticket has my slot put back on it (along with the slot for my 308) thank you for your assistance. remy17

Quote Originally Posted by remy17 View Post
    as scotland rifles kindly posted this on the sales add, and you guys gave me some good advice, but......being an akward sod i was wondering if it is possible to obtain a diffrent mount set up, ie luepold,burris,hilver or weaver bases. as i already have a selection of diffrent rings (mainly luepold) and also a set of 30mm rings high, with a 18mm dovetail.

the reason for wanting a different set up is because i had originally planned to put my schmidt and bender 2.5x10x56 30mm tube scope on top of this rifle, as i like the extra mag that it provides as opposed to a fixed 6x42.

so any help with a diffrent base assembly would be VERY much appreciated. ps i do not have the rifle at present as it is being held for me until my ticket has my slot put back on it (along with the slot for my 308) thank you for your assistance. remy17
    You can buy Warne, size M808 will fit
    http://www.warnescopemounts.com/scopemount_chart.html
    If you buy Warne you can send those useless steyr mounts to me.
    I will even cover postage.

thank you glogin, very much appreciated kind sir.