Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Management/Stalking Lit

Deer Management/Stalking Lit

I'm currently on starting my literature review, and have come to a first hurdle already!

I need a controversial topic on deer, in which I can find plenty of reading about (journals) to compare and reference people's opinions on.
    Any Ideas??

Cheers,
    Jonny

How about extending / changing seasons?

Not sure how much literature there is on it but there is a lot of opinion.

Or even just the actual need to manage deer number in the first place, that would mean that you can open it to the opinion of people outside the stalking community and get a much bigger data set.

I'll have a look into both. Thanks dan!

Jonny

Try this one and when you find the correct answers you can enlighten us all good luck
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...nds-Bucks-Does

How about deer being wiped out and treated as nothing more than vermin, by owners of grouse moors.

Hi Roe,

A few off the cuff.

Migratory patterns of X, non-native species vs. natives and factors effecting migratory patterns such as climate change, "freak" weather events etc. and relationship with Road Traffic Accidents.

Take a negative view, e.g. League against Cruel Sports resistance to deer management via human intervention and flip it on its head using keep opinion leaders opinions, PhD theses and scientific papers. Combine that with a social view, and maybe a critical appraisal. For example it could be that Joe public agree with the view of the league, however, the practicalities of the matter, such as having natural predators may not be constant with modern living and therefore in the interest of animal welfare, human interventions is the only way....for example.

I would recommend you get a few possible then bounce it off your supervisor/lecturer.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Roe View Post
    I'm currently on starting my literature review, and have come to a first hurdle already!

I need a controversial topic on deer, in which I can find plenty of reading about (journals) to compare and reference people's opinions on.
    Any Ideas??

Cheers,
    Jonny
    Head shots.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Another good topic there, it's looking good! i like that turn the argument round.

Cheers

"Deer", the journal of the BDS, is an excellent source of easy to read scientific articles. They would be a good place to start looking for your research gap.

Can I access this online some how? As the library doesn't have it. Cheers