Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheek Pieces

Cheek Pieces

Question:

Does the Sako Finlight or Sauer Outback have a cheek piece or is it straight stocked??

I am left handed and shoot right handed so need a straight stock.

cheers

I was out with a stalker at the hinds earlier this year and his estate rifle was a Finlight. I am sure he told me that the cheek piece could be removed and turned around left or right handed.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldan View Post
    Question:

Does the Sako Finlight or Sauer Outback have a cheek piece or is it straight stocked??

I am left handed and shoot right handed so need a straight stock.

cheers
    simple solution to that problem mate , both rifles come in left handed so buy a lefty !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

My son is not left handed nad neither are my guests generally. Had lefties, bitch to buy bitch to sell so gave up.

just restock the action onto a straight stock, bell and carlson carbalite classic is ambidextrous. not too expensive either!

skipp

I picture near straight but i like it because i have cheeks like a hamster

Might need a go of this next time we go out to see if it is the way forward

Here is the stock on my 85 Finnlight.The cheekpiece is changeable, however by the looks of it you'd need to order a left hand piece if you wanted to swap it from side to side as it's not symmetrical.

Alex

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	85-Finnlight-Stock.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	3517

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Here is the stock on my 85 Finnlight.The cheekpiece is changeable, however by the looks of it you'd need to order a left hand piece if you wanted to swap it from side to side as it's not symmetrical.

Alex
    Knew it was something like that
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Since the summer this subject has kept me busy as I'm in the final stages
    of shaping a fully ambi stock prototype for a T3. One thing that annoyed me
    with fully straight stocks is that the cheek weld angle is often not as comfortable
    as with a monte carlo style stock.
    We tried to keep the angle of a monte carlo on both sides just didn't let it drop down
    as far. Meaning the cross section of the butt piece is slightly diamond shaped.
    Also we kept the comb as high as we could, to work well with large scopes.
    As usual, some like the looks others don't. Great ergonomics.
    Pictures of the prototype, the grip areas are not on the stock yet.

edi