Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFD's

RFD's

Does anyone know of an RFD in the Wilts / Bristol area that will send my rifle up north to my riflesmith? As I need the rifle back pronto it has to go when they say it will etc.

Has anyone got a recommendation of where I can get it done? Happy to travel as far as Oxford if necessary.

Cheers RF

I would talk to Tony Manvell at 'Swindon Rod & Gun' mate,he is a decent bloke to deal with.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    Does anyone know of an RFD in the Wilts / Bristol area that will send my rifle up north to my riflesmith? As I need the rifle back pronto it has to go when they say it will etc.

Has anyone got a recommendation of where I can get it done? Happy to travel as far as Oxford if necessary.

Cheers RF
    you can send it to an RFD yourself mate using Royal mail you just cant recieve it back it has to go to an RFD

Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    you can send it to an RFD yourself mate using Royal mail you just cant recieve it back it has to go to an RFD
    I think you need a Royal mail account for this but not sure, I looked into it a while ago and the hassle factor was ginormous. Basically, they made it clear that they had no intention of making it easy so I gave up. Unless its more than 300 miles or so, I would just get in the car and take it. Hate to be defeatist but life is too short to deal with Royal Mail! JC

go to a local tnt depot and use them

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    I would talk to Tony Manvell at 'Swindon Rod & Gun' mate,he is a decent bloke to deal with.

Martin
    Hi Martin

Can you pm me a number?

Cheers

RF

Cheers Fella's. Is it as simple as pitching up to TNT withit and bob's your uncle?

TNT told me they wouldnt take them unless I was a member of gun trade association. I've pm'd you, may be able to help.

do you know dmc in farringdon? theres also a new one in bristol,dunno what there like though.

I've used Newavon in the past without any problems. Ask for Dennis when you phone them.