Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what prices do you get ?

what prices do you get ?

just wondered what prices you guys get?

I get 1 a pound on deer and 1 each rabbit

ATB
    Dave

Not sure about Venison but I can get 1.00 per rabbit - Rifle Head Shot or Ferretted only (No shotgunned), gutted and in the fur!

Funny you should ask, as I put a stag into the local butcher at the end of the season for a local land owner. I skinned it and halved it due to it's weight. He sent the landower 60. Then a local Cheff told me he paid 200 for the haunches and saddle. That's a huge mark up and an insult to me and the landowner. The butcher was warned that he'd get no more venison if the owner never got a fair price.

Account Suspended
    Not enough to cover my petrol cost taking it

My local garden centre has a food department and they charge 7.80 for a vacuum packed rabbit and the cannot source them.... They have only had 3 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by K333ROE View Post
    Funny you should ask, as I put a stag into the local butcher at the end of the season for a local land owner. I skinned it and halved it due to it's weight. He sent the landower 60. Then a local Cheff told me he paid 200 for the haunches and saddle. That's a huge mark up and an insult to me and the landowner. The butcher was warned that he'd get no more venison if the owner never got a fair price.
    If you skinned it, doesn't that make you a processor?

KevinF -

Never gave it a thought,does it make me a processor ? Always skin my roe before I deliver it to the butcher !!!!!!

Yes it does. If you skin a beast you become a processor and have to be registered, Hunters exemption only applies to game that still has its fur coat on!

Quote Originally Posted by andibrains View Post
    Yes it does. If you skin a beast you become a processor and have to be registered, Hunters exemption only applies to game that still has its fur coat on!
    So if the butcher is paying you good money for your carcuss and he HAS TO have it skinned (thats the rule) to take it, because you are not a processor and only have the hunters exemption your not going to sell it to him/her

And please DONT quote the rule book at me, I have it

Max

I cant see the differnence in skin or not infact if its out the skin you can check for the damage and the warble.This will help you in your deer management. I am now getting 1.10 a pound and have also been told Christian Nissen of Highland Game has now decided to pay 2 A KILO for any deer the 12 kilo cut off has been removed.