warm socks

Harkila the lighter coloured ones i use stockings abit pricy at 20 pounds a pair but i like my feet and i ware wellie

I use Bridgedale endurance summit. Theyre quite pricey but are well worth it as they last well. Theyre warm and very comfy, also the long ones are well elasticated meaning they dont slide down when wearing plus 4s.

i am not sure why but as of late i suffer from my big toes been cold.
its really annoying as the rest of the foots ok.
both big toes hurt with the cold....
i was thinking of either wrapping them in one of those bunion type things or sticky plasters you get on the roll.

any ideas what causes just the big toes to be sore ???

atb f.

i am not sure why but as of late i suffer from my big toes been cold.
its really annoying as the rest of the foots ok.
both big toes hurt with the cold....
i was thinking of either wrapping them in one of those bunion type things or sticky plasters you get on the roll.

any ideas what causes just the big toes to be sore ???

atb f.
Are you Diabetic?

Suffer from Gout?

As Dan says, sounds like you are either suffering from a reduction in blood flow to your extremities (oooer vicar) or you've cut the big toe bit of your boots out.
Go get your blood sugars and blood pressure done.

in edit: Jack Pyke socks are really warm, comfortable and cheap

Bridgedale knee-high socks. It makes me gulp at circa £15 a pair, but they ARE very comfortable and cosy. The trick is NOT to put them in the wash but hand wash them - inside-out - in warm suds and then plenty of rinsing - then let them drip-dry naturally.
In this way they last a long time.
Jackpyke also sell a decent sock - a lot cheaper too. They tend to shrink a bit though. You pays your money, and keep yer toenails short and filed blunt with no sharp corners.

My sock choice is basically confined the UK producers and I'm sure that those previously listed on this thread are excellent.

Harklila socks are the dogs doo dahs, but £20 a pair. 1000 mile socks are also fantastic. especially the sock within a sock ones.

Just back from a few days on the hinds and both worked well.

harlika kit is like stella artios, reassuring. You pays yer money but up 3000ft in the perthshire highlands they are worth every penny.

Edited to add a thought:

How many of us think nothing about £200 boots and then wear £2 socks?????

Think about it HARKILA!!!!!!!

Back