Musto Buckden or Dubarry Wexford

I had a pair of dubarrys after wanting them for years. As has been said they are a good looking pair of boots and I found them to be nice and water proof for the 18 months I wore them until they started to cause my feet loads of pain and I had some insoles made and even with the insoles they still hurt my feet so I switch to a pair of zipped Chams and like them. I know others who swear by dubarrys and the friend I sold my too likes them and they're still going strong just didn't work for me.

George

Sweaty feet, beating and wellies are a pretty dire combination so I got a pair of Dubarry's years ago when they were, pretty much, the only full length, gore-tex lined boots available. They look nice, but the grip is rubbish on anything other dry, level grass. On snow, over leaf litter, on a steepish slope the next two folk in line are going downhill with you! :) To get the right fit on the foot I ended up with a pair that had massive calf width so they also crumpled down about the ankles. I guess they'd be OK for standing on a peg, but anything else and I'd save my money.

Since then any number of people are producing something similar. I've now got - and swear by - a pair of Hunter leather and gore-tex lined boots. Special offer from John Norris of Penrith a couple of years ago - £100. Worth every penny.

Have worn a pair of Buckden for about 3 seasons now, they are very comfortable, warm in cold weather with good grip but they don't stay good looking for very long, scratch easily in brambles and leather needs treating regularly to feed the leather, all said and done I do abuse mine but I would buy another pair as I do like them.

Unless you look like this, I wouldnt bother :rofl:

miniasp.jpg

I have a pair of the Musto Buckdens & they are very comfortable & the Vibram sole is used on a lot of hiking boots now, the Gore-Tex works well. I agree with CRUMPY they do mark easy but buff up good with polish & leather feed.

Have seen them them for £265 at Musto Buckden Shooting Boot~£265.00
in both colours which is a good saving on the £320 list.

Cheers

Chris

Only someone that enjoyed being the object of ridicule would be seen in broad daylight with wimmens boots on?? Or am i just hoping for a laugh at someone elses (£££) expense?

Cheers fellas (which I'm sure you all are, despite what red-dot is trying to imply) with special thanks to those who have posted replies as buyers.
Special thanks to Stringer! The missus now thinks outdeer gear might be fashionable - though to be honest I'm not sure that's a good thing..............
Ta muchly for the link Chris.

Back