best night ever

tikk308

Over the passed four week I have been spending a few night out lamping with my mates wife on there land trying to show her how to go on & also get rid off a little fox’s problem they had lol
This is how I got on on the best night I’ve ever had

We started down the field like we had before & it was not to long before we had a couple off bunnies with the 22 my mates wife was using then we notice a fox’s eyes in the lamp so off it went & we called for a bit & then put the lamp on it was about 100 yards so looking thought the scope I had a great shot & bang it was down. So lamp off walk over tail off drag back to house lol easy as that I thought on the way back while we were chatting away (like you do) just over the back off the house & lamped another set off fox’s eyes so lamp off my rifle ready lamp on bang great eyes straight out that’s two lady very happy I’m bussing never shot to don’t know why I put the lamp back on but my mates miss goes you missed it its looking at us. I’m straight on the rifle bang again eyes out this time I’m not turning lamp off as we walk over what you think was there two fox’s & I’m now thinking my night can’t get any better than this

04112010204.jpg

After a cupper my mate say show me were you got the last two so off we go & I have to say he drove his landy disco around the house with is lass while I cut throw the yard & he popped a few bunnies off with he’s 22 & I showed him were the pic above was shot then I said if you lamp over that field I’ll show you were the first one was just as the lamp goes on here’s another set off eyes so I called for him to nock the lamp off & we called & called then put the lamp back on it was coming in so we knocked the lamp off & called again after a couple off mins on goes the lamp it was sat out about 150 yards but I couple see it thought the scopes keep very still I said bang no eyes. He sat in the lady while we went over it moved about 20yards to the left here’s the body off a big fox’s I dragged it back to my mate’s disco & he said that’s the on that was at my chicken the other night lol

04112010205.jpg
I have to say this was the best night out ever

Thank you for reading this
We have shot 10 fox’s in 4 weeks

Great night then,missed the target then banged home a couple on the button. That's good going, shooting that amount of loads in a short period of time:-|;):D

Shaun.

Last edited:
Great night then,missed the target then banged home a couple on the spot, that's good going, shooting that amount of loads in a short period of time:-|;):D

Shaun.
thanks mate we were out on wedurday first time not seen a sign off any foxs so thats good news :D

Sounds like a good night!!!I mean the 4 foxes,not out with the mates wife, in the dark, late at night, mate at home,!!!!only joking!!lol!my best night is only 3 foxes,usually out myself with a handheld lamp,after rabbits,so I use the 17hmr,so I am limited to about 100 yards for foxes,usually though ,when I take out the 243 I hardly see any,and when I have the 17 they sit out watching and listening at about 150yards out!!!sly *******s!!!!

What a cracking mate you have ;)
I would love to know how many of us could get away with that one ?

Thanks lads for the great comments. I normly have a cuuple off good mate that go out lamping with me. I was hopeing to out last night but not in this much rain :lol:

Sound like a good nights shooting..................the question is what gun was going bang ?

''this is my rifle this is my gun, this ones for fighting this ones for fun'' springs to mind hahaha

Sound like a good nights shooting..................the question is what gun was going bang ?

''this is my rifle this is my gun, this ones for fighting this ones for fun'' springs to mind hahaha

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks mate thats the ring tone for when my Ex Mrs calls :):)

Back