Thread: Poachers with tranq's?

Poachers with tranq's?

Am a member of another, otherwise unrelated forum, and have heard the following claim today:

we just had some logs delivered by friends. Completely narked as they've spent the day replacing / fixing fences ruined last night by poachers after deer. They go after on the local herds - aside from the legality / safety aspects they kill indiscriminately and also deny a wage to those paid to cull legally and selectively...
    All good so far, but then:

Last time the residents of one of the old folks homes sat and watched whilst they pulled up in the morning with a transit, loaded it with 8 carcasses as well as two drugged white hinds they'd tranquilized for resale. The Police reckoned they'd be headed for one of the large estates locally.
    which, shall we say, ahem, sets off a few sensors for me - anyone heard any rumours doing the rounds? Poachers with S5 weapons, I would have expected the police to be searching poisons registers and kicking in doors at three in the morning myself...

Eh, introductions? Well, I was in the correct place, confused - can someone move it please, oops!

Account Suspended
    View my Gallery (35)View my Gallery (35)
    I think it was the old folk who were traquilised,police must have thought what have we got here,waisting police time,where did they shoot 8 and have darted 2 in front of an old folks home ? then would try to sell to an estate,thats worse than the emperor story ho ho,ive got the emperor on my profile ?at least ive got him.what other unrelated forum is that,? did they commit an offence, with there wire cutters ho ho

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
    Am a member of another, otherwise unrelated forum, and have heard the following claim today:

All good so far, but then:

which, shall we say, ahem, sets off a few sensors for me - anyone heard any rumours doing the rounds? Poachers with S5 weapons, I would have expected the police to be searching poisons registers and kicking in doors at three in the morning myself...

It sounds like a very dangerous situation to me if it is true that these beasts have been darted and they carcass is bound for the food chain then besides it being illegal someone is going to die

Account Suspended
    View my Gallery (35)View my Gallery (35)
    They were all shot in front of old folks home and darted there,2 white ones ?darted,they did this in front of an audience,i have to confess one was cream not white,oops,i thought jackanory was long finished,ho ho