PICTURES, OLD AND NEW.

stag1933

One of the late Lea MacNallys semi-tame Red Hinds at Torridon.

DSC_0194.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Mr Stag.
At this point I'd just like to say to all new members that Mr Stag is very experienced ‘Old School’ Shooter and Deer Manager who can count many of the late and great stalkers and deer managers of our time as his personal friends.

We are very privileged to have Mr Stag as a member of this site. Long may he continue to regale us with his interesting posts and personal photo collection.

A true gentleman of the Deer Stalking community indeed.

marvelous stagg
you must hav one heck of a scrapbook, keep these pics coming my friend
i for one enjoy them,
what i did notice , was the colour of the roe,in your picture,
As i hav just got back from 2 days in the moffat area, and all the roe does i saw looked rather dark and grey even in the sunlight just like they were wearing a winter coat, so i assumed all scottish roe may of carried this trait ,as i hav seem them just as dark in argyll too
any ideas?
kind regards stone
ps sorry no pics as i was too busy trying to find a buck to stalk but once again they eluded me, thats stalking for you

Pics.

Some of the beasties around Aviemore also seemed darkish in colour but the one in the photo was in her full summer coat.
The Aviemore Deer in general, Red and Roe, are extremely car shy and usually scamper off when you slow down to look at them.

Photo below of a young Cumbrian gentleman taken recently, not car shy.
[ Coat change not yet completed. ]
RoeRedSquirrelsBirdsAVIEMORE047.jpg

Wonderful pictures sir. The one of Lea MacNally's hind brought very happy memories of reading his column avidly every week - first stop as soon as ST hit the mat. His book Torridon is still a soruce of delight. What a true gentleman he was.

Here's a pic I took of some stags in Torridon this time last year...who knows, could be the descendants of those above!

768404043_0417ea4a03_b.jpg

brilliant photos gents a real pleasure to view
grant
good news on the new arrival , bet you were like a jack in the box when it arrived , good luck with your new herd

stagg these pics are a pleasure
if only i had took my camera with me tonite, between the roe and fallow that presented themselves for a great photo shoot
i am still kicking myself now, as the camera was in the motor,

Stone, Don't tell me that you had bucks everywhere last night. I think I will start crying. :cry:
You take photos of them and save the rifle until I get up there mate!

Cheers
Andy

It's just a shame that the second deer has its head up the lead deer's bum! Maybe the Labour party could use this picture to promote itself! :D

Back