Thread: Cabelas - Sceery Special Cow Elk Call delivered direct from USA

Cabelas - Sceery Special Cow Elk Call delivered direct from USA

FYI.

I have shopped at Cabelas since '99 and today I received another order from them. The unusual thing about this order is I didn't have to pay VAT and Duty in the UK. Cabelas charged for the items and included the charges below.

Duty & VAT: $34.34
    Shipping & Handling: $44

So I didn't need to go wandering off to pay the 8 clearance fee, instead I went to the local Post Office and picked up the parcel. The order contained no ammunition components, just calls and tee shirts.

Regards JCS

That's unusual. Is this the result of a change in policy or a 'one off?'

I must admit that i've since stopped using Cabelas in favour of other US suppliers with less stiff package and handling fees.

[QUOTE=scotsgun;156051]That's unusual. Is this the result of a change in policy or a 'one off?'....

scotsgun - I think it's a new approach. Certainly the order processing wasn't swift or smooth, but it did all turn up today in one box and the charges were as indicated on the original order. Rgds JCS

Account Suspended
    [QUOTE=jcampbellsmith;156053]
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    That's unusual. Is this the result of a change in policy or a 'one off?'....

scotsgun - I think it's a new approach. Certainly the order processing wasn't swift or smooth, but it did all turn up today in one box and the charges were as indicated on the original order. Rgds JCS
    Cabelas seem to use www.fiftyone.com to attend to the handling of all exchange, duty and shipping related matters from Stateside.

If this is right, I've got a couple of bargain priced jackets on the way to me at about two thirds normal UK price. In the past, as I'm sure you know, HMRC and the Post Office used to mess up the deal. So, we'll see.