Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow!

Snow!

We woke up to the first snow of the season this morning and whilst it was just a dusting I was pleased to see it, then I drove to Whitby! Snow every where and lots of it too, some roads were only passable with extreme care and it was picture postcard stuff. When I arrived in Whitby the fields we all green, the North Yorkshire Moors had got it all. The good thing is that the ferns in the woods will get hammered by it and make hunting a lot easier.

Photo's taken on my way back and the roads were a lot better by then, it was a right roller coaster ride 4 hours earlier.

My mum was travelling back from whitby to the vale of york this morning as said it was an awful drive. I am looking forward to a bit of the white stuff as its so atmospheric.

George
    Last edited by groach1234; 24-11-2010 at 21:25.

Its been snowing here for the last 3 days, there was 45cm over the road up to my place and that was after i was out with the tractor yesterday evening.
    I was hunting down in southern Sweden today and it had snowed over night so only about 8cm there.
    Its going to be down to -14 over the weekend so the weather people say. That should make pheasant shooting interesting on Saturday.

They'll freeze up if they get up high!

whos a naughty boy then whats that in your front window last time I saw you you did not look like you needed one or is it for the deer after attemps to shoot one nice pic though
    Last edited by roedeerred; 24-11-2010 at 21:15.

Had the pleasure of that driving over the wolds this evening.
    Off to Perth next week after hinds so looking forward to it in the snow.

Wills

Hey Groach,

Vale of York please !!

Brianm

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Hey Groach,

Vale of York please !!

Brianm
    My dyslexia strikes again sorted now.

George

Hay wills we will see a lot of that are you stopping at annandale services about lunch time we will be there expect 1-30ish on our way to glen lyon.

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    Hay wills we will see a lot of that are you stopping at annandale services about lunch time we will be there expect 1-30ish on our way to glen lyon.
    Well Im heading up on the Sunday, so if your about.

I have got a cottage near Dunkeld